Official PSA: none of our coaches will be fired

Advertisement
Not sure any coordinator on the team deserves to be fired after one season.

Maybe cb coach and then of course Mario. Which we know we can't afford that

Advertisement
This **** isn’t on Dawson. I think we saw the aggressive coach Dawson wants to be during the A&M game, now we see Mario’s finger prints all over the game script.
It’s a combination of 3 things. First, Dawson emptied his bag to beat A&M. Multiple cool plays used there haven’t been attempted again. Mirabal was even credited with drawing up 1 of them. He’s a boring OC and that’s why Mario liked and chose him.

Second, Van Dyke got rocked at UNC and was playing injured. He was already banged up before UNC.

Third, playing injured, TVD wasn’t the same guy and it impacted his play. Resulted in playing timid, eyes down watching for pressure, and taking some zip off the ball and losing touch in his throws. Killed his confidence and ****ed him mentally because he wasn’t the same guy and couldn’t make throws he could make a few weeks prior.

A lot of TVD, a lot of Dawson. Not solely on either. Dawson is running what Mario wants to run and that’s why he was hired. Boring. You know you’re boring when im watching Mike Bobo’s offense and his designs, motions, misdirection, and sequences makes it look like he’s a guru because of what I’m used to watching.

Advertisement
It’s a combination of 3 things. First, Dawson emptied his bag to beat A&M. Multiple cool plays used there haven’t been attempted again. Mirabal was even credited with drawing up 1 of them. He’s a boring OC and that’s why Mario liked and chose him.

Second, Van Dyke got rocked at UNC and was playing injured. He was already banged up before UNC.

Third, playing injured, TVD wasn’t the same guy and it impacted his play. Resulted in playing timid, eyes down watching for pressure, and taking some zip off the ball and losing touch in his throws. Killed his confidence and ****ed him mentally because he wasn’t the same guy and couldn’t make throws he could make a few weeks prior.

A lot of TVD, a lot of Dawson. Not solely on either. Dawson is running what Mario wants to run and that’s why he was hired. Boring. You know you’re boring when im watching Mike Bobo’s offense and his designs, motions, misdirection, and sequences makes it look like he’s a guru because of what I’m used to watching.
Sounds about right.

Our personal **** would be Dawson leaving, Mario taking 3 months to hire another yes-man OC, and we miss key portal recruits during that entire period who can’t commit to us if they don’t know what the offense will look like or who’s coaching them.

We’re already in a less than ideal spot, but I (foolishly) hope Mario has a sense of urgency this off-season because he might have A LOT to address.

The OFFENSE is by CRISTOBUM..OC is nothing more than a title role. ****, first possession of game 2nd and 3 - run up the middle no gain, 3rd down and run up the middle for 1 yd. Punt..lol.. that’s WARIO’s offense right there.

20231118_152617.gif

Advertisement
we were 103rd in yards per play last year

we are 29th currently

it's been very clear that when our offense has stuttered, it's been due to TVD's turnovers

why the **** are we upset with that kind of improvement as an offense in 1 year? did we expect to go from 103rd to top 5 immediately? Not sure the logic in the outrage surrounding Dawson

Last edited:
we were 103rd in yards per play last year

we are 34th currently - that will climb tomorrow after today's stats are loaded

it's been very clear that when our offense has stuttered, it's been due to TVD's turnovers

why the **** are we upset with that kind of improvement as an offense in 1 year? did we expect to go from 103rd to top 5 immediately? Not sure the logic in the outrage surrounding Dawson
If you watched 11 games and blame it all on TVD I don’t k ow what to tell you

Advertisement
If you watched 11 games and blame it all on TVD I don’t k ow what to tell you
did we lose 11 games?

how nitpicky do we want to get?

This is going to come off as a huge dawson supporting post but it's just ridiculous how unrealistic and how dumb the people on here can be. shouting for dawson to be fired when we've had such remarked improvement over gattis' offense last year.

GT - on TVD for 3 picks and maybe Mario for not kneeling - but non issue if he doesn't throw three picks

UNC - TVD played an *okay* game - brutal pick in our own redzone, fumbled it at a critical time, and late game interception(although game was over pretty much at that point) --- i think the defense really can shoulder the blame of the UNC loss there

NC State - TVD (three picks - all crucial) kind of hard to get going on offense with 4 total turnovers by your QB

FSU - did you see emory's inability to throw the ball? - how do you even blame dawson for that? even then we OUTGAINED FSU with true freshman QB on the road and had the ball late with a chance to tie it up

Louisville - we just had 486 yards of offense and scored 31 against a team that was giving up 17 per game in conference

I just don't think you guys understand how college football works. I'm not saying dawson has been an elite coach, he has not been. but after that ****** performance by our D today, our offense will rate similarly to our Defense in important key metrics, which is pretty impressive considering how bad our offense was last year and how bad we've been sabotaged by TVD turnovers

did we lose 11 games?

how nitpicky do we want to get?

This is going to come off as a huge dawson supporting post but it's just ridiculous how unrealistic and how dumb the people on here can be. shouting for dawson to be fired when we've had such remarked improvement over gattis' offense last year.

GT - on TVD for 3 picks and maybe Mario for not kneeling - but non issue if he doesn't throw three picks

UNC - TVD played an *okay* game - brutal pick in our own redzone, fumbled it at a critical time, and late game interception(although game was over pretty much at that point) --- i think the defense really can shoulder the blame of the UNC loss there

NC State - TVD (three picks - all crucial) kind of hard to get going on offense with 4 total turnovers by your QB

FSU - did you see emory's inability to throw the ball? - how do you even blame dawson for that? even then we OUTGAINED FSU with true freshman QB on the road and had the ball late with a chance to tie it up

Louisville - we just had 486 yards of offense and scored 31 against a team that was giving up 17 per game in conference

I just don't think you guys understand how college football works. I'm not saying dawson has been an elite coach, he has not been. but after that ****** performance by our D today, our offense will rate similarly to our Defense in important key metrics, which is pretty impressive considering how bad our offense was last year and how bad we've been sabotaged by TVD turnovers
Not sure how you can defend his gameplan considering everyone in the building and the surrounding area knew TVD was hurt and we have no back-up.
How many fcuking WR screens are we gonna run when our WR's block like ****.

Not sure how you can defend his gameplan considering everyone in the building and the surrounding area knew TVD was hurt and we have no back-up.
How many fcuking WR screens are we gonna run when our WR's block like ****.
we had 486 yards of offense

you're picking 4 plays that you didn't like.... the vast majority of them worked pal

You should apply for the OC job instead of posting on CIS

Advertisement
Back