Prototype Goon Prospects

Advertisement
Marti definitely had some goon credentials despite being a suburban white kid. not really a 'great' talent though.

That rb from Nebraska named Phillips. In college he was in trouble all the time. Then went to the NFL and got in more trouble.

Advertisement
Trabis was too much of a jokster to be a real goon.

(classic clip)
[video=youtube;XfnIgr2iid0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfnIgr2iid0[/video]

QB-
RB-Antwain Easterling, Troy & Darren Davis
WR-FRED ROUSE, Randy Moss,
TE-
OL-
DL-Callahan Bright, Bryan Pata(RIP, cover of recruiting mag with all gold was beautiful!)
LB-Willie Williams, Nate Harris
DB-Greg Reid, Javonny Ward

Advertisement
Y'all leavin Pearcy Harvey off the list. He was a straight goon in HS. Corch Meyers brainwashed him. That's why he gets the headaches.

You guys are going ridiculous with this goon stuff. Its funny that most of these so called goons, got kicked out of school and didn't amount to much. Just like Eddie Johnson who all we heard was goon this and goon that. Basically you guys want a team full of knuckleheads who can't stay on the field? LOL Why can't a goon be Ray Lewis? Sean Taylor? Kellen Winslow? At least they back it up with their play.

How can you guys forget the GOAT, Hall of Fame Goon WR.....

199.jpg

Guy got kicked out of FSU and Notre Dame, ended up at Marshall. Do you realize how much of a goon he had to be for Bubbah to kick him out of Tallahassee?

You might recognize him better in this pic:

200.jpg

Advertisement
How can you guys forget the GOAT, Hall of Fame Goon WR.....

199.jpg

Guy got kicked out of FSU and Notre Dame, ended up at Marshall. Do you realize how much of a goon he had to be for Bubbah to kick him out of Tallahassee?

You might recognize him better in this pic:

200.jpg

I would have to agree with this.

QB-
RB-Antwain Easterling, Troy & Darren Davis
WR-FRED ROUSE, Randy Moss,
TE-
OL-
DL-Callahan Bright, Bryan Pata(RIP, cover of recruiting mag with all gold was beautiful!)
LB-Willie Williams, Nate Harris
DB-Greg Reid, Javonny Ward

GOON....

use to call him Trauma Center around Liberty City.

Kevin Grooms....kid had the same exact Willie Williams story without the good grades coming up..

207.jpg
Al Blades

208.jpg
...Certified Goon....check his doc...Saved Willie Cooper's ***...

The Goon HOF for UM would have QB Gary Gump and RB Mark Panther,two guys who played and got arrested long before most of you were born.

Caught stealing TVs and stuff from a local motel. I still remember the 11:00 news story when Coach Gus went to the police station to bail them out. They had the film of it. Gump was one of George Mira's backups; Panther was a promising young RB.

Then there were the guys who threw the guy in the lake. Who was that? Pokorney, Wysock? I don't know, but they should now get the recognition they are due, perhaps by an old-timers committee.

George Mira, Jr. had a few scrapes. Adrian Wilson shoved a woman down the stairs, I think. That deserves serious consideration. Even Hurlie Brown shoved a cop up in Brevard County after he graduated HS but stayed out of trouble after that, so he's not really goon. Goons don't make good athletic department executives. Just look at Willie Williams, would you want him as director of Football Operations? No way. He'd be moonlighting with his toolkit. In fact, he might even break into the UM equipment room and sell off jerseys and helmets and stuff. Might clean out the trophy case. Haven't been at the Hecht Center in years, don't know what trophies are there now, but suppose you came in on a Monday morning and the trophy case and pictures hanging on the wall are all gone.

Yes, Willie is true goon. All-time, All-American goon.

Advertisement
One of UFs all-time goons was **** Skelly, a RB in the early '60's. He broke into a cage holding a campus alligator, and chopped off its tail.

Now that's real goon.

I think he was thrown off the team, but still drafted in the 3rd round by the Giants.

Im surprised nobody said demar dorsey certified goon someone should post his juco pic from espn and his under armour all american game highlights of him stuntin and dancing the whole game as if he was playin on ecstacy

Im surprised nobody said demar dorsey certified goon someone should post his juco pic from espn and his under armour all american game highlights of him stuntin and dancing the whole game as if he was playin on ecstacy[/QUOTE]

kid was from Deepside Lauderhill...he probably was....dude could play though..not sure what school he is at now...was suppose to be at hawaii..then maybe fau.

another one....
212.jpg
Nate Harris....

i camped with him at um.....and went against him sr year..as he was in my district..blocked him fairly easy...but he made a few plays in the game..but he was a certified goon...

I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned Derric Evans and Gary Edwards from Dallas' Carter HS. Those cats were Texas goons of the highest order.

Advertisement
Back