Protecting Pregnant Women is not Real High on Ohio State’s Things-To-Do-List

Earnest T. Bass

Sophomore
“Ohio State officials are attempting to put this scandal in the past. The state's highest-paid employee (Meyer) will be $430,000 lighter in the wallet. He won't be paid for missing those first three games against Oregon State, Rutgers, and TCU, nor for the entirety of his suspension, which was originally labeled "paid administrative leave. He will, however, be able to lead practice in Week 2 and 3.”

So, the Urban Meyer 3 game suspension is kinda/sorta a 3 game suspension. The Ohio State Board of Trustees determined that Meyer cannot join the team on the sidelines for the first 3 games, but will be allowed to coach the team during the weeks leading up to games 2 and 3. At first I thought it was a slap on the wrist for Meyer, but it is now clear it’s a friendly pat on the rump and a wink of the eye. Truly despicable!

And where in the **** has the NCAA been during this dog and pony show? It doesn’t require a vivid imagination to see that the NCAA and press would be blasting the “U” with both barrels had this story unfolded within the Canes football program. Kind of reminds me of the Penn State child *** abuse horror as it relates to the NCAA who first claimed that situation was a legal matter and basically none of their business, but the public outcry finally forced the NCAA to get involved and only did so kicking and screaming.

Here’s a shocker… “On nine occasions Meyer was asked about his knowledge of Zach Smith allegedly assaulting his wife in 2015. Nine times he denied knowledge.” Yet, when proof started to raise its ugly head then Urbie somehow developed a very fuzzy recollection of some guy/coach on his staff beating his pregnant wife. Never mind that the victim/punching bag, Courtney Smith, texted Urban’s wife, Shelley Meyer, the following: "You should tell Urban [of Zach Smith's abuse]. We can't have someone like this coaching young men." Did I mention that Urban Meyer asked a staffer how to delete text messages older than a year to keep them from media inquiries? Give the man a phony 3 game suspension!

With reasonable confidence, I can state that I don’t think anyone loves college football more than me, most especially the Canes. But, when the reality of how corrupt this once amateur sport has become I’ve become to have my doubts. Oh yeah, it might not be a bad idea if when considering this story remember that Ohio State is supposed to be educating a segment of the youth of America…some great lesson this has been!

Advertisement
I don't even know why OSU even suspended him. Its more insulting than doing nothing. Should have just come out and said they didn't find anything directly linking him or that they felt he didn't do anything wrong and called it a day.

I don't even know why OSU even suspended him. Its more insulting than doing nothing. Should have just come out and said they didn't find anything directly linking him or that they felt he didn't do anything wrong and called it a day.

Should have just come out and said that they value winning over every single other thing.

Advertisement

^This is actually a very good point.

They're basically saying, "Yeah, we know he handled this wrong...but we don't think it's that big of a deal."

Last edited:
I'm really surprised the SUPER POONS of N.O.W didn't get involved , I guess OSU are liberals so it's ok.

GOCANES

Advertisement
Back