OrangeBowlMagic
CEO
- Joined
- Jul 13, 2014
- Messages
- 21,037
So we're back to the SEC buying players under the table?
No.
So we're back to the SEC buying players under the table?
Yeah that doesn’t change what i said tho. We are contracted to play games against them as well, as part of the 5 ACC opponents and additionally our inclusion in the ACC is inseparable from the conference’s 20 year media contract w/ ESPN.ND would continue their 5 ACC opponents for the same reason they would continue to play Clemson for 10 years.....they are contracted to.
The truth is both contracts would be negotiated to end if all these predicted moves are made.
So whether this whole exercise was completely pointless or nah rests on whether House can get a majority in the lame duck session? So much democracy.
Agreed, no shade to ND on how they go about their business. It’s kinda hilarious tho. They scheduled Nebraska for 2032 and 2033, just so happen to be the years after #1 qb in the country Trae Taylor will have left school lmfao.If the ACC dissolves the natural move is to pair with the Big East, aka Catholic school league, minus football. They are in the big ten for hockey already. So maybe the Big Ten makes some concessions but I doubt it. I can hate on ND all I want. But if I was them, why would you join a power conference? They can schedule a bunch of no bodies, go 11-1 or 12-0 and make the CFP. Especially once it inevitably expands again. Wouldn’t shock me if they bent the Big 12 over and did scheduling with them. Because they’ll need a partner that isn’t currently G5 to fill OOC games.
The Big 12 already does it.Canes to the BIG TEN would be awesome and brutal. The conference would extend from New Jersey to Miami, Florida, to southern California to Seattle Washington. How is that manageable?
At the very least, the ACC and Big 12 battling for the 3rd largest conference, right? I would give the edge to the Big 12.Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but tonight’s developments are massively huge for Miami, no?
I still don’t think this thing ever passes but Moody’s amendment is gigantic for Miami. We need more spots in the P2 for us. This gives us that.
Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but tonight’s developments are massively huge for Miami, no?
I still don’t think this thing ever passes but Moody’s amendment is gigantic for Miami. We need more spots in the P2 for us. This gives us that.
This will be referenced in the inevitable briefings we will get to read in the event this bill passes.
Lmaooo