2023 Prospect Spotlight: QB Luke Duncan

awill510

Recruit
Some time ago @gogeta4 asked me to post some kids from the where I am from in the Bay Area, I posted Rashada before he got his offer(sorry). Luke Duncan is a big time sleeper in the loaded California class. He is from Miramonte HS in Orinda, if that school looks familiar that is where Ken Dorsey went to school at. I honestly believe by end of senior year he will be a low 4 star, as of now he is getting slow played by his parents old college(CAL bc Rashada). He is actually the backup QB for the 7on7 team that they play on. Let me know what you guys think of him and how he would stack up to Mack Howard or Emory Williams.

Side note: During the pandemic year he spent a semester at IMG

Advertisement
What I really like is he keeps plays alive by sliding in the pocket, kind of like how Big Ben who wasn't very athletic but could keep plays alive. Kid also has good feel in the pocket to know when to bail out of the pocket to go make a play. He's very accurate and makes a ton of really tough passes. That tape also shows that he pretty much makes every throw that needs to be made. He's got really nice touch by placing the ball just over the lb head and just before the db's can interrupt the pass. Thats a special kind of talent that you cant teach.

Only 2 thing's I saws that are not all that great is hes not very athletic. I mean he definetly doesn't have some speedy wheels on him which really cant be fixed. Other thing is he drops that ball super low in his delivery and thats not good at all. That will get stripped out of his hands at the next level so hes got to fix that.

Tall, rangy kid with an elongated release. He's accurate and has some touch. He has a decent arm that should get stronger as he adds strength and weight. He stays with his first read a little too long. He usually stays on one side of the field. He doesn't scan the field like you'd want. There were several plays where he stayed with his first read and had other WRs open by 5-7 yards that he didn't see.

Advertisement
Tall, rangy kid with an elongated release. He's accurate and has some touch. He has a decent arm that should get stronger as he adds strength and weight. He stays with his first read a little too long. He usually stays on one side of the field. He doesn't scan the field like you'd want. There were several plays where he stayed with his first read and had other WRs open by 5-7 yards that he didn't see.
Yeah, having a long release at the next level can be an issue.

Advertisement
Back