NBA Prosecutors drop one assault charge against Kevin Porter Jr.

ben

Senior
Premium

Manhattan prosecutors have dropped one of the assault charges against Houston Rocketsguard Kevin Porter Jr., acknowledging Monday during Porter's hearing in Manhattan Criminal Court that he did not fracture his girlfriend's neck vertebra during an alleged attack at a New York City hotel last month.

Porter's defense team shared documents with the Post indicating the presumed neck fracture was actually a congenital defect.

@TheOriginalCane thoughts?

Advertisement

Manhattan prosecutors have dropped one of the assault charges against Houston Rocketsguard Kevin Porter Jr., acknowledging Monday during Porter's hearing in Manhattan Criminal Court that he did not fracture his girlfriend's neck vertebra during an alleged attack at a New York City hotel last month.

Porter's defense team shared documents with the Post indicating the presumed neck fracture was actually a congenital defect.

@TheOriginalCane thoughts?

I'm not sure why I'm being referenced, but the dropped charge seems logical. If you have a pre-existing injury, it probably wasn't caused by a subsequent event. Seems reasonble.

Now, as to whether the rest of the incident occured...and whether the cut over her eye was an injury caused during that incident...

I guess we will see how it all plays out.

I'm not sure why I'm being referenced, but the dropped charge seems logical. If you have a pre-existing injury, it probably wasn't caused by a subsequent event. Seems reasonble.

Now, as to whether the rest of the incident occured...and whether the cut over her eye was an injury caused during that incident...

I guess we will see how it all plays out.
Bc I like your legal perspective

Advertisement
Back