Props to the fans!

QuattroCane

Junior
Biggest contingent of Miami fans at an away game I can remember. The place was at least 1/3 Canes.

Advertisement
That's fantastic! I think a lot of people in Georgia were Mark Richt fans and it just transferred over to us

Lot of Mark Richt fans in Georgia.

Georgia's firing of Mark Richt was one of the stupidest moves I've ever seen done in big-time sports. They will be kicking themselves once they realize how badly they downgraded by hiring Will Muschamp part 2.

Georgia's firing of Mark Richt was one of the stupidest moves I've ever seen done in big-time sports. They will be kicking themselves once they realize how badly they downgraded by hiring Will Muschamp part 2.

Don't think firing Richt was necessarily bad. He was there 15 yrs and they just couldn't get over the hump. I think parting ways was good for both sides...and even better for us. Even if Richt wins a National Championship here, it doesn't mean he would have at Georgia. I just think Miami is better for Richt, and Smart is better for a typical SEC team.

Advertisement
Saw this posted and it even cuts off another entire section of Canes fans I saw on tv. Definitely even occasionally sounded like a home game on tv.

[TWEET]782303114019934212[/TWEET]

Don't think firing Richt was necessarily bad. He was there 15 yrs and they just couldn't get over the hump. I think parting ways was good for both sides...and even better for us. Even if Richt wins a National Championship here, it doesn't mean he would have at Georgia. I just think Miami is better for Richt, and Smart is better for a typical SEC team.

Mark have never lasted that long here without winning a couple NCs. I am glad UGA fired him because I don't think the BOT was going to hire Butch and I prefer Mark to the other choices. I can't blame UGA for canning him. You make millions you must deliver. I think Mark will win NC here and never would have at UGA. This is THE U and it just need good solid coaching to win. Winning will take care of recruiting if HC has good eye for it.

There is always a lot of Canes fans in Atlanta. I think our fan base made up about 20%.

Advertisement
I can confirm when the canes made plays the cheers we're audible on tv. Confused me at first.
Yeah I was watching at work but was busy away from TV so I would listen for big cheers to see how gt was doing.. But several times it was confusing becuase Miami was loud there too

Biggest contingent of Miami fans at an away game I can remember. The place was at least 1/3 Canes.

The Atlanta UAlumni chapter is far and away the best managed chapter. Combine that with a lot of UGA fans that loved Richt and are willing to root for Miami because of his arrival, and you get this kind of turnout. Great job all the way around, and it's nice to see that they left satisfied!

Advertisement
There are also a good contingent of Cane fans that live in Atlanta, and the surrounding area. I'm from the Middle GA, and I was gonna be at that game, no matter what.

There are also a good contingent of Cane fans that live in Atlanta, and the surrounding area. I'm from the Middle GA, and I was gonna be at that game, no matter what.

Exactly, very strong alumni chapter, and a lot of other fans that support The U. Plus, ATL is the easiest road trip this season. Seriously.

Fun times today. I saw Brad Johnson and his son come through the crowd so that was pretty cool. There were a ton of fans there

Advertisement
There is always a lot of Canes fans in Atlanta. I think our fan base made up about 20%.

It was definitely more than 20% today.

65-35 or 60-40 are closer to what it looked like. It seemed like 80+% of the upper deck of the Miami side was all orange and green and the lower deck on that side was all orange and green except for the Gold section in the middle.

Advertisement
Back