Props to some of the players who stuck around

LuCane

Administrator
Administrator
Tyrone Cornelius - Made two big time impact plays today. Considering where he was in pass coverage to what he did today, it's amazing.

Curtis Porter - Perryman doesn't get to make all those tackles if this guy doesn't plug the Gator interior.

Jimmy Gaines - I thought he'd be overtaken by Kirby this year, but he's stepped up to be steady. He had nearly double digit tackles today.

Walford - Now we use him on isolation plays.

Hurns - Morris' security blanket today and probably for the rest of the season.

Hagens - Underrated contribution today. Wish he had been given some more inside runs to slow down some of those slants by UF's interior DL.

Luther Robinson - The hug he gave Golden at the end of the game pretty much speaks for itself.

Wheeler - He gave Mcdermott a breather a few times today and I think we see that through the year.

Kacy Rodgers - At two points (when Jenkins was rolling around) today, I thanked God we had Kacy Rodgers on the team.

Clements - That wasn't a hold on Erek Flowers and his big run was negated. I hope he steps in for about 80 carries this year.

Thanks to all of these guys who chipped in to make all of our lives a little better.

Advertisement
Porter is easily our MVP. The one guy we can least afford to lose for this defense to be good. During the week he should be practicing in bubble wrap and only go full speed on game days.

Luther Robinson - The hug he gave Golden at the end of the game pretty much speaks for itself.

This.

Loved seeing him play well; a far cry from his dad calling in to Big Dog. We've seen a number of kids (both recruited by Golden and Shannon) leave the program over recent years. The fact he's bought into the program and was able to savor a win like this is great.

Advertisement
Highsmith made two critical plays today.

1st play: TD saving tackle on Matt Jones
2nd play: Recovered the onside kick.

Advertisement
Back