Prop Joe Special

gogeta4

All-ACC
A kid I would offer or keep an eye on is Jacquez Stuart out of MNW if were looking for a Jeff Thomas type.
Probably one of,if not the fastest football guy in S.FLA.
Slot wr/ Rb type 5'9 170-175.

Has offers from Louisville, Oregon State, Illinois, Purdue.

Plays for the Florida Fire 7 on 7 team i think this year. Has that dog...transferred to Mnw from North Miami last year
http://www.hudl.com/profile/7495829/Jacquez-Stuart

<blockquote class="twitter-video" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Slow feet,don’t eat 👣💨 <a href="https://twitter.com/Rivals?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">@Rivals</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/teamstuart?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc^tfw">#teamstuart</a> <a href="https://t.co/UIZ7Ux9djS">pic.twitter.com/UIZ7Ux9djS</a></p>&mdash; Jacquez Stuart (@jacquez_stuart) <a href="">February 12, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Advertisement
Looks like demps with some more wiggle. Love his game but i dont think he fitsninto this years limited wr class.

I think for 2019 we will be in the market for a "shorter" WR. Idk who that will be.
In 2018 we clearly wanted big dudes with Mark Pope at 6'1" 170lbs being the smallest - not very small at all if you ask me.

And we have 3 committed in 2020 who are all big (and could still grow) and basically all fit that same mold as the 2018 recruits:
Leonard Manuel 6'4" 200lbs
Jermaine Burton 6'1" 193lbs
Marc Britt 6'0" 160lbs.

And in 2019 we are after 3 WRs. 2 of our top targets are:
Frank Ladson - 6'4" 170lbs
Jeremiah Payton - 6'3" 180lbs.

So we definitely could be in the market for a small WR this year. Though looking at our offer list, 5 star Dominick Blaylock is like the only 6'0" WR we have even offered. Everyone else is 6'1" or taller including all the WRs we've offered from Florida - Brieon Fuller (6'1" 170lbs), Maurice Goolsby (6'5" 196lbs), and Matt Drayton (6'1" 195lbs).

Advertisement
Would love a kid like this especially in the return game. Thomas was disappointing there this season but you can never have too much speed.

You need speedy, smaller guys like this. They create mismatches like the bigger WRs do. Get him an offer.

Advertisement
I remember when you first talked about him last season gogeta... Has a little Corvin Lamb in him, although lamb was slightly bigger

Let me ask you this...How do you rate the scatbacks of the last two years? I would say Stuart is the fastest, and also looks a legit 5'9. We know Ford was more like 5'5/5'6...Some of these other guys are listed 5'8/5'9 but look smaller.

Rate 'em if you get a minute...Top to bottom, taking in consideration all factors to their game

Johnny Ford
Shaun Shivers
Jacquez Stuart
Vince Davis
Tyler Jones

Last edited:
Miami has always been successful with some smaller type receivers with wheels and wiggle. The Jonathan Harris types for your older dudes/dudets on the site and a more semi recent example would be Roscoe. I get the big receiver push but there is always room for the mismatch guy the other way. The return game is also helped by this type of kid. The smaller Miami guys had seeds and would return anything kicked in their area code. Special teams really needs to improve, with the speed and talent floating around down there special team play should be electric. Not the case for some time.

Advertisement
I remember when you first talked about him last season gogeta... Has a little Corvin Lamb in him, although lamb was slightly bigger

Let me ask you this...How do you rate the scatbacks of the last two years? I would say Stuart is the fastest, and also looks a legit 5'9. We know Ford was more like 5'5/5'6...Some of these other guys are listed 5'8/5'9 but look smaller.

Rate 'em if you get a minute...Top to bottom, taking in consideration all factors to their game

Johnny Ford
Shaun Shivers
Jacquez Stuart
Vince Davis
Tyler Jones

Shivers
Davis
Stuart
Ford
Jones

Stuart looks to be legit 5'9 though. Theres some real 5'5-'6 in the group.

Stuart sticks out because he has legit slot wr ability...and he runs the ball really well..a creative oc would be dangerous with that kid

Last edited:
Shivers
Davis
Stuart
Ford
Davis

Stuart looks to be legit 5'9 though. Theres some real 5'5-'6 in the group.

Stuart sticks out because he has legit slot wr ability...and he runs the ball really well..a creative oc would be dangerous with that kid

Thanks, you have Davis written twice by the way

Miami has always been successful with some smaller type receivers with wheels and wiggle. The Jonathan Harris types for your older dudes/dudets on the site and a more semi recent example would be Roscoe. I get the big receiver push but there is always room for the mismatch guy the other way. The return game is also helped by this type of kid. The smaller Miami guys had seeds and would return anything kicked in their area code. Special teams really needs to improve, with the speed and talent floating around down there special team play should be electric. Not the case for some time.

I don't know if Jonathan Harris was really all that fast. Maybe Kevin Williams was faster.

It's been my understanding that you want different kinds of players for KOR's and PR's. It's been my understanding you need less jukiness and shiftiness to outright speed and acceleration kick-off returners. Maybe a bigger more physical player. Punt returns probably require more shiftiness than outright straight-line speed. Of course, some excel at both. Like Devin Hester.

Advertisement
I don't know if Jonathan Harris was really all that fast. Maybe Kevin Williams was faster.

It's been my understanding that you want different kinds of players for KOR's and PR's. It's been my understanding you need less jukiness and shiftiness to outright speed and acceleration kick-off returners. Maybe a bigger more physical player. Punt returns probably require more shiftiness than outright straight-line speed. Of course, some excel at both. Like Devin Hester.

Yup, and most importantly fearlessness and feel/instinct for both

Advertisement
Back