LG. Samson Okunlola/Matthew McCoy/Francis Mauigoa
C. Zach Carpenter/Ryan Rodriguez
RG. Anez Cooper/Ryan Rodriguez
RT. Francis Mauigoa/Markel Bell/Samson Okunlola
WR. Sam Brown/Isaiah Horton/Jojo Trader
WR. Xavier Restrepo/Ray Ray Joseph/Robby Washington
WR. Jacolby George/Ny Carr/Shemar Kirk

*SB= Scat Back/Third Down Back/Change of Pace Back/Speed Back

I was bored waiting for Fall Camp to begin so I made this depth chart. The thing that hit me almost immediately was the huge difference in quality depth over last year. There is obviously a big increase in high end/explosive talent on the rooster.

There were several positions that were difficult to project into a depth chart as we have not gone through fall camp yet. Still there were other positions thst were difficult because we have so much more depth and competition. The only 2 positions with a shortage of quality depth and high end talent were Safety with CB close behind. Obviously the actual post fall camp depth chart will differ from mine.

The biggest thing this little exercise showed me was that this 2024 squad is considerably more talented and much deeper than last year's team and in a completely different universe than the 2022 team. With merely competent coaching this is a 10 win team. I'll go on record and state that anything less than 10 wins will be a disappointment.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I don’t think Pruitt is starting ahead of Alderman, most certainly not game 1 on the road in the Swamp. Maybe down the road in the middle of the season if Alderman is just a placeholder, than sure. Pruitt should get a lot of work regardless, Alderman is also > Wes imo…I need to see the jump from Wes instead of hearing about it, not falling for the same “oh this guy looks way better and it finally clicked” crap we’ve been hearing for a decade. He got washed in the passing game a fair chunk and was flat out man-handled by Rutgers.

Damari Brown would be BBQ chicken in the slot, that’s Dyoni I think until someone else steps up. Everything else seems right, other than it’s Matthew McCoy not Mike.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Damari Brown would be BBQ chicken in the slot, that’s Dyoni I think until someone else steps up
I don't think Dyoni is playing boundary, I think he is playing slot. I got Porter and either Richard or Damari at boundary (remember, the two latter ones actually played well), Dyoni at Nickel.

It's serviceable and will get the job done. We don't have safeties that jump coverages now, which will result in fewer busts.

I don’t think Pruitt is starting ahead of Alderman, most certainly not game 1 on the road in the Swamp. Maybe down the road in the middle of the season if Alderman is just a placeholder, than sure. Pruitt should get a lot of work regardless, Alderman is also > Wes imo…I need to see the jump from Wes instead of hearing about it, not falling for the same “oh this guy looks way better and it finally clicked” crap we’ve been hearing for a decade. He got washed in the passing game a fair chunk and was flat out man-handled by Rutgers.

Damari Brown would be BBQ chicken in the slot, that’s Dyoni I think until someone else steps up. Everything else seems right, other than it’s Matthew McCoy not Mike.
That's a great point and when I did the chart, I wasn't thinking about any particular game. Alderman will certainly get his share of PT but will any of it come in the Sam/Nickel LB role? That was one of the challenges of doing this. It's difficult to know where Guidry/Nicholson has everybody within their scheme. I had a hard time trying to figure out which 2 or 3 LBs were at that Sam Nickel LB spot. During the Spring all we heard from that spot was Pruitt.

That being said, you are correct. @Fla Alderman will most certainly play more than Pruitt unless Pruitt is one of these rare kids that make him an exception. However Pruitt will get his fair share of work like you said.

Disagree with your take on Wes but that's just my opinion based on the trajectory of his play. They will both get major PT.

Last edited:
I don't think Dyoni is playing boundary, I think he is playing slot. I got Porter and either Richard or Damari at boundary (remember, the two latter ones actually played well), Dyoni at Nickel.

It's serviceable and will get the job done. We don't have safeties that jump coverages now, which will result in fewer busts.
That's likely a good bet regarding Hill although I keep hearing that the coaches want to try Damari Brown at Nickel but I have no tangible proof of that. Dyoni Hill would certainly track considering Guidry used Couch in that spot last year.

Agree that we are serviceable in the secondary assuming that everyone plays their role within the defense. We don't need safeties who take a lot of chances with a front seven as good as ours.

Advertisement
I think guidry has said he sees damari as a nickel
Dyoni has played outside in guidry defense already

Mesidor has said he probably plays more 3tech

Overall thoughts are we should aim to be a team with a high scoring prolific offense with a defense that bends but doesn’t break led by the pass rush causing havoc

That secondary is paper thin and I don’t know how I could be convinced otherwise. A true freshman in the 2-deep is concerning

I think guidry has said he sees damari as a nickel
Dyoni has played outside in guidry defense already

Mesidor has said he probably plays more 3tech

Overall thoughts are we should aim to be a team with a high scoring prolific offense with a defense that bends but doesn’t break led by the pass rush causing havoc
Nailed it! Thank you for reminding me that it was Guidry who said he likes Damari in the Nickel. That was killing me. Apparently there aren't many on the board who agree with Guidry's assessment of Damari in the Nickel and I can see why. I think that it's very difficult to truly evaluate a player based on his performance as a true freshman and I think maybe that's what happened here. I can see that Damari is a physical CB who likes to hit and is an excellent blitzer as well. He has good coverage skills so maybe Nickel in Guidry's scheme is a better fit for him than CB.

I also think it's a distinct possibility that Guidry is looking to use his Nickel differently than he did last year. Maybe he is looking to use Damari more like a Rover or a classic Strong Safety this year in certain situations. Maybe I'm reading into it too much. We'll see.

Advertisement
That secondary is paper thin and I don’t know how I could be convinced otherwise. A true freshman in the 2-deep is concerning
It is most definitely paper thin. That isn't news. Mario likes to build from the LOS back so the secondary(and to a lesser extent WR) is the last order of business in this rooster wide rebuild. I'm certain the 2025 secondary will be much superior to this one.

DE. Tyler Baron/Elijah Alston/Marquis Lightfoot/Malik Bryant/
DT. Simeon Barrow/Josh Horton/Justin Scott
DT. CJ Clark/Marley Cook/Ahmad Moten
DE. Rueben Bain Jr./Akeem Mesidor/Cole McConathy
LB. Wesley Bissainthe/Jaylin Alderman/Adarius Hayes
LB. Kiko Mauigoa/Popo Aguirre/
NLB. Cam Pruitt/Bobby Washington/Chase Smith
CB. Daryl Porter Jr./Robert Stafford/Ryan Mack
S . Meesh Powell/Markeith Williams
S . Jaden Harris/Zaquan Patterson
N . Dyoni Hill/Meesh Powell/Dylan Day
CB. Damari Brown/Jadais Richard/OJ Frederique

QB. Cam Ward/Reese Poffenbarger/Emory Williams/Judd Anderson
RB. Damien Martinez/Mark Fletcher/Ajay Allen/Chris Johnson/Chris Wheatley Humphrey
TE. Elijah Arroyo/Riley Williams/Elijah Lofton
LT. Jalen Rivers/Markel Bell
LG. Samson Okunlola/Matthew McCoy
C. Zach Carpenter/Ryan Rodriguez
RG. Anez Cooper/Tommy Kinsler
RT. Francis Mauigoa/Samson Okunlola
WR. Sam Brown/Isaiah Horton/Jojo Trader
WR. Xavier Restrepo/Ray Ray Joseph/Robby Washington
WR. Jacolby George/Ny Carr/Shemar Kirk

I was bored waiting for Fall Camp to begin so I made this depth chart. The thing that hit me almost immediately was the huge difference in quality depth over last year. There is obviously a big increase in high end/explosive talent on the rooster.

There were several positions that were difficult to project into a depth chart as we have not gone through fall camp yet. Still there were other positions thst were difficult because we have so much more depth and competition. The only 2 positions with a shortage of quality depth and high end talent were Safety with CB close behind. Obviously the actual post fall camp depth chart will differ from mine.

The biggest thing this little exercise showed me was that this 2024 squad is considerably more talented and much deeper than last year's team and in a completely different universe than the 2022 team. With merely competent coaching this is a 10 win team. I'll go on record and state that anything less than 10 wins will be a disappointment.
Other than Bissainthe and Jacolby ......spot on

Last edited:
Advertisement
Our 2nd string DE are insane.

You have one player who has made All ACC teams. And another player who was the #1 PFF DE in the whole country.

That's 2nd string lol.

Our pass rush should be relentless all game long.

I do expect to see some Nascar packages on 3rd and long also.

DE: Baron
DT: Bain
DT: Mesidor
DE: Alston

Advertisement
Back