projected BCS standings

How is louisville so much hire than us, there schedule sucks

Ours has not been that much better in complete honesty, however we will rise drastically in the next few weeks if we can win.... I'm not worried about rankings/polls/whatever until after the FSU game. That is when it will matter.

We have at least 2 teams we've played significantly better than anyone Louisville has played and 1 of those is better than anyone they will for the season (maybe even including their bowl game)

Louisville ahead of us though does not bother me as much as South Carolina and LSU with 1 loss.

Does it really matter though? If we go into Tallanasty undefeated and win and we are going to rise past FSU, Louisville, most of the 1 loss sec teams, etc. If we lose, we will be in the mid to late teens, so does it really matter where we are now?

How is Stanford 11? Makes no sense lol

Advertisement
Billingsley is such a horrible formula and such a dumb computer to have in the the equation.

It's basically adding in everything wrong with preseason rankings into the BCS ever further.

Billingsley is such a horrible formula and such a dumb computer to have in the the equation.

It's basically adding in everything wrong with preseason rankings into the BCS ever further.
I doubt any of the computer formulas take preseason rankings into account at all.

It's early in the season and the sample size is not large enough for teams to be well connected and even out. Give it some time.

Advertisement
Florida losing will hurt us. That was supposed to be the best team we played this year and clemson came out of nowhere. We need clemson to win this weekend because otherwise we'll play fsu twice and the win won't be seen as impressive as beating a top 3 clemson in the acc champ game

I doubt any of the computer formulas take preseason rankings into account at all.

It's early in the season and the sample size is not large enough for teams to be well connected and even out. Give it some time.

Billingsley starts your ranking at where they had you ranked at the end of last year, we started 61st this year and have had to work our way up.

We were also punished by the bye week this week. We were #19 after beating GT, now because we didn't play we fell to 22.

Last edited:
A lot of those teams are non factors. They have to play each other. Only one SEC team has a chance ahead of us and thats the SEC champion, now if that team comes from the east we may jump them undefeated. Oregon,UCLA and Stanford are fighting for one spot and if Stanford makes it we jump them undefeated. Ohio State has a clear shot at undefeated but if we are as well we will leap frog them. And the other spot is between us Clemson and FSU.

Clemson or FSU are gauranteed a loss....so too us or FSU.

There is no need to panic until after we play FSU and VT....I have a feeling we will be right in the thick of it if we win those games with the ACCCG for one final showcase and if both teams are undefeated I have a strong feeling its for the chance to play in the NT.

We just need to win

Advertisement
Just think its funny that LSU best win is UF and lost to a 2 loss Georgia and they are way ahead of us. LOL at UGA 10th in the computers.

That said, we take care of business and this will correct itself.

Last edited:
Louisville is screwed. Their computer averages across the board are really bad and will continue to stay bad. I don't think they can even get into the title game even if everyone has one loss. Their only hope is for the coaches to make them #1 at the end of the regular season.

Advertisement
Back