Progress

pacusmc

All American
In the early morning of March 28, 2012 I went to the local grill to have some breakfast and opened up the Miami New Times. Sadly the news was depressing and embarrassing.
The school that had dominated and polarized college football was posting signs in the athletic center looking for students above 6’1 and over 230 lbs as walk on offensive linemen. Wtf is this!! We can’t even find walk ons to come to the campus?!!!
The staff tried to cover it up as something a lot of schools do just to have enough dudes at practice.
To me that was rock bottom.
Bama had back to back titles and ufag and fspoo we’re dominating Florida recruiting and the sec was poaching talent out of Sofia.
Since then the school has survived on the talent of local young men that said no to the riches and glory that other programs offered due to the loyalty and love they have to the city and the history of this program. Being able to say I went to the school that The Playmeaker went to, the school that came into liberty city and over town to recruit while riots were going on. Playing for The school that gave rise to swag meant more than than bags and glory. Those players managed to keep bowl streaks and draft picks alive despite horrible coaching, poor talent development, bad talent evaluation and poor recruiting. They managed to keep the program afloat amidst calls for the program to be shut down (again). They chose to come here while being ridiculed for their choice.

Things move so rapidly sometimes that we fail to realize the strides we make. Think of the team just 6 years ago and where we’re at now. The talent already on the team and coming to the camps. The facilities, the vibe. the new dorms coming. The staff and the S&C program and the nutrition program.
The stadium. Yes the mf’ing stadium!! The thing they tried to clown us for the most is literally the thing recruits talk about the most.
For the players that made the choice to come hear during those times I say thank you.
For the ones that didn’t I can’t hate or criticized due to the circumstances surrounding the team. But if you played us for bags then a middle finger.
The thing I ask now that the school seems to be back on track with the program is for every fan with a season ticket or the coin to spend on a home game to show respect to kids that came before this team and show up for the ones that are here now.
For the kids that are considering this program you need to recognize and think wisely. The U is a sleeping giant about to stand the F..k up.
It’s not just us with the orange and green glasses. The look on Fienbaum’s crypt keeper face when he heard CMR was coming home is all anyone neeed to know.
Progress has been made in strides and will continue. It’s a good time to be canes fan.
For the kids down here please look at who has your best interest. Listen to the coaches on staff and not some handler or mentor.
Would you ride with someone who will sell their loyalty?
If you won’t then don’t sell yours.

What has been will be again,
What has bee done will be done again,
There is nothing new under the sun
Ecclesiastes 1:9

Last edited:
Advertisement
Lots of progress has been made, but there is still a ton of work left to do.

Advertisement
Who cares if the sign was real? Who cares if UM advertises walk on to be tackling dummies? That’s not being at the bottom.

Advertisement
Back