Program from the 1955 GaTech vs. Miami Game

Advertisement
Thanks from an old timer that remembers those Cane years. did you happen to notice some of the names of the Atlanta restaurants who advertised in the program? Atlanta was really old south in those days. My parents were from the greater Atlanta area.

Georgia Tech is running the same offense it did when that program came out...and it somehow still works against a majority of teams.

Advertisement
I started to follow the team about '55. Notice a huge error: they switched the pics of Don Bosseler and Mario Bonifiglio!

Bosseler was one of our greatest ever, in the College Football HOF.

Advertisement
None of those players on both teams weighed more than 230 lbs. LOL

Way cool stuffs! :)

Advertisement
Great stuff. I loved the old programs. Some venues still feature less impressive versions. I saved the one from Virginia Tech this season.

I had a video clip of the Canes playing at Florida later that season in 1955. Found it in my parents' home video collection a few years ago and posted it to YouTube. The video included the final half of Bosseler's long touchdown run. Unfortunately my YouTube channel got zapped a few months ago due to complaints from the NFL and IOC. I had plenty of old Olympic videos, along with many full Canes games from our glory years. I have no energy in that regard right now but if I restore the channel I'll make sure to post that 1955 video again.

Ga Tech won that game 14-6.

Ga Tech went 9-1-1 that year, won the SEC, and beat Pitt in the Sugar Bowl.

Canes went 6-3. No bowl game.

Advertisement

Miami finished #14 in the final AP poll that year. Their losses were to #6 TCU, #7 GT, and #9 ND. They also beat #11 Pitt. No bowl for two reasons - there weren't many bowls, and UM was on probation with no bowls from 54 through the 56 season. Too bad because UM finished #11, #14, and #6 in the AP during those three years.

Miami finished #14 in the final AP poll that year. Their losses were to #6 TCU, #7 GT, and #9 ND. They also beat #11 Pitt. No bowl for two reasons - there weren't many bowls, and UM was on probation with no bowls from 54 through the 56 season. Too bad because UM finished #11, #14, and #6 in the AP during those three years.

Great stuff, Dingaan.

Thanks.

Advertisement
Back