ProCane Ereck Flowers catching praise in 2nd season

hurt from game one last year--tough as ****. always the first guy running to help a giants player up. didnt get along with o coordinator last year. a little early to say hes goign to get PAID--let him have a few good seasons first.

Advertisement
Dude's not even half way to his 23 birthday. One of my favorite prospects at UM. Super talented, yet extremely humble and always willing to improve. He also played hurt.

A few pretty good OL from the past at Miami:

Otto.jpgHarrah.jpgSearcy.jpg

People saying he needs to move to RT are clueless. Do they not realize he is only 22 years old in his 2nd season??? If he can dominate a Top 10 pick like Randy Gregory so bad they move him to LE from RE, pretty sure he can hang with guys in the NFL at LT w some experience. I remember one of the Giants DL that was a veteran said Flowers was literally the strongest OL he has played against in his entire career and that his strength is freakish. Once he's a seasoned vet he will be a pro bowler. The Giants organization knows OL, look at their SB line when they beat NE, they were outstanding. Now they have Richberg at C that is arguably the best in the league, Pugh is an excellent LG and Flowers is well on his way.

People just have ridiculous timelines due to expectations. Same thing is happening w Greg Robinson the Rams LT. He started as a LG in his rookie season bc they had Jake Long at LT, but he got hurt and I believe former 2nd rd pick and RT at the time Rodger Saffold III was hurt as well. This forced GR to move out to LT when he wasn't nearly ready. He redshirted at AUB, then started a season each at RT and LT in a run-heavy offense that almost never throws the ball and is very different footwork. Then plays the toughest position on the OL as a rookie after taking no snaps there prior to the season. Struggles there and in his 2nd season due to being injured most of the off-season and not being able to work on his craft. Fast forward to this season and after being healthy all off-season and working in AZ w LeCharles Bentley at his OL institute looks like a completely different player as a 23 year old 3rd year LT. Long story short, Flowers will be a stud in due time.

Kid started day one as a true freshman; leaves for NFL early and goes 9th. Playing LT on one of the historic good trench teams in NFL. Has THE U ever had a better Olineman? Maybe McKinnie but I can't think of anyone else and we have had a few really good one. Flowers would hold his own on a list of the great lineman, offense and defense, in Miami history -- yes I know how great our dline list would be.

A few pretty good OL from the past at Miami:

View attachment 38836View attachment 38837View attachment 38838

People saying he needs to move to RT are clueless. Do they not realize he is only 22 years old in his 2nd season??? If he can dominate a Top 10 pick like Randy Gregory so bad they move him to LE from RE, pretty sure he can hang with guys in the NFL at LT w some experience. I remember one of the Giants DL that was a veteran said Flowers was literally the strongest OL he has played against in his entire career and that his strength is freakish. Once he's a seasoned vet he will be a pro bowler. The Giants organization knows OL, look at their SB line when they beat NE, they were outstanding. Now they have Richberg at C that is arguably the best in the league, Pugh is an excellent LG and Flowers is well on his way.

People just have ridiculous timelines due to expectations. Same thing is happening w Greg Robinson the Rams LT. He started as a LG in his rookie season bc they had Jake Long at LT, but he got hurt and I believe former 2nd rd pick and RT at the time Rodger Saffold III was hurt as well. This forced GR to move out to LT when he wasn't nearly ready. He redshirted at AUB, then started a season each at RT and LT in a run-heavy offense that almost never throws the ball and is very different footwork. Then plays the toughest position on the OL as a rookie after taking no snaps there prior to the season. Struggles there and in his 2nd season due to being injured most of the off-season and not being able to work on his craft. Fast forward to this season and after being healthy all off-season and working in AZ w LeCharles Bentley at his OL institute looks like a completely different player as a 23 year old 3rd year LT. Long story short, Flowers will be a stud in due time.

Kid started day one as a true freshman; leaves for NFL early and goes 9th. Playing LT on one of the historic good trench teams in NFL. Has THE U ever had a better Olineman? Maybe McKinnie but I can't think of anyone else and we have had a few really good one. Flowers would hold his own on a list of the great lineman, offense and defense, in Miami history -- yes I know how great our dline list would be.

How could forget Otto. I was young but I think he played both ways at Miami. Not sure he was anywhere near as great in college but my Lord was he good in pros. As Fin fan back then, he was part of the bad guys. I couldn't appreciated the Raiders until our beloved Canes showed the world how to really be bad guys.

Dude's not even half way to his 23 birthday. One of my favorite prospects at UM. Super talented, yet extremely humble and always willing to improve. He also played hurt.

The crazy part is he was/is still pretty raw in terms of technique, now he's getting coached up finally. Wouldn't be surprised to see him become one of the best LT's in the league in a few years.

Advertisement

Yes on OL. please stop on DL.

Hendricks: HOF
Kennedy: HOF
Sapp: HOF
J. Brown: GOAT

Advertisement

Yes on OL. please stop on DL.

Hendricks: HOF
Kennedy: HOF
Sapp: HOF
J. Brown: GOAT

Hey, I only said he would hold his own. The Dline list is huge. You didn't even list Lester, Carter, Burt, Maryland, Big Daddyand all those DEs we had. No slight intended to Dline for which we are famous. I just give Flowers some extra juice because Oline was never a "thing" at THE U yet he excelled. Had the kid went to Michigan, he might have been 1st or 2nd pick. That said, your point is well taken.

[TWEET]780880240914464768[/TWEET]

That first play he drew a holding call. Not that I agreed, but I think in the league you can't like twist dudes like that or whatever? I watched a couple games, he is doing well. He still gets those occasional stupid dang false starts though...lol He definitely has the potential to get himself PAID thats for sure. Hoping that he continues to progress!

Advertisement
Back