Privacy Policy and Terms

Advertisement
Gdpr. They are forced to ask you to consent to them storing personal info. And you can ask for them to erase all your data... if you're an EU resident.

So I can’t do any more booty gifs??? Even in spoiler tags?? WTF??
giphy.gif

Advertisement
EU thinks they have jurisdiction over American servers.....whatever though, we are compliant.
yeap yeap.. as long as the user resides in the EU this is a must..

I work for an HCM company and this has been my nightmare for the past 4 months.

yeap yeap.. as long as the user resides in the EU this is a must..

I work for an HCM company and this has been my nightmare for the past 4 months.

This is where the US should fight the EU. Data stored on American servers should have to follow American law. Currently GPDR claims authority even when an EU resident is in the US.

Advertisement
This is where the US should fight the EU. Data stored on American servers should have to follow American law. Currently GPDR claims authority even when an EU resident is in the US.

Seriously?

This was an EU requirement?

Can you put into my data - that will be sent to them - that I personally think the EU sucks ****? And likes it?

I would venture to say that in the near future the US will also adopt something similar to GDPR. Companies who prepare for this now will be better off for it. Zuckerberg is already preparing this with Facebook to a certain extent.

There's more to it than just consent. There's data portability and the right to be forgotten.

Advertisement
Something smells P-EU here. Soon the EU white-coats are gonna be knocking at my door.

I would venture to say that in the near future the US will also adopt something similar to GDPR. Companies who prepare for this now will be better off for it. Zuckerberg is already preparing this with Facebook to a certain extent.

Some of the points are fine, but requiring users to opt into tracking cookies used in advertisements is bad for online businesses. Zuckerberg prepared by moving data out of the EU.

There's more to it than just consent. There's data portability and the right to be forgotten.

You are right, it's:
-Consent by opting in and date of consent
-Treating IP addresses as PII
-The ability to provide users in a machine / human readable format the data you keep on them
-Right to have your data removed (be forgotten)

Most of these are not a big deal, but having to opt into certain cookies is a big deal.

Basically what we did:
-Force all users to "check" when agreeing to terms and privacy policies and never prune consent date
-Anonymize IP addresses that we share with 3rd parties (eg: spam services and google)
-We can export user data in a XML file
-We will delete users upon request

Advertisement
You are right, it's:
-Consent by opting in and date of consent
-Treating IP addresses as PII
-The ability to provide users in a machine / human readable format the data you keep on them
-Right to have your data removed (be forgotten)

Most of these are not a big deal, but having to opt into certain cookies is a big deal.

Basically what we did:
-Force all users to "check" when agreeing to terms and privacy policies and never prune consent date
-Anonymize IP addresses that we share with 3rd parties (eg: spam services and google)
-We can export user data in a XML file
-We will delete users upon request

Good work Andrew. Our processes are a little more complicated due to that fact that we deal with not only PII but tax related history. By law we can refuse to 'forget a person' if we need to store the data for tax purposes ie W-2, 941 filing at the end of the year.

Seriously?

This was an EU requirement?

Can you put into my data - that will be sent to them - that I personally think the EU sucks ****? And likes it?

Time to put a 25% tariff on all their cars coming in just like they do to us, ***** those pieces of ****. My relatives were smart to get out of that ****hole many years ago.

Advertisement
Back