Prior relationship with T-Rob leads to UM offer for DE Durant

View as article
Durant is definitely a loss, but I wouldn’t call it major. Spells other two finalists suggest there’s some other stuff going on and if we get our other targets to go along with Rogers he isn’t even a loss let alone major. But I definitely wanted Durant’s unique skill set at DT. I’m disappointed with the Durant news but it’s still not Panic and Over-Reaction time!
A level headed post? Did I sign onto the wrong board?

Advertisement
Not sure how I feel about this kid. He's twitchy, agile and can bend but he's really small for a DT. I think his skills translate better at DE where he has more space to attack and is less likely to be a liability against the run. Miami obviously doesn't need him at DE in this class.

You have to be pretty special to succeed as a DT who's that undersized. I don't see an Easley or Donald level penetrator here.

Durant choosing go to Penn State is setting him up for failure. He'll back south right away to attend UCF or USF. These kids don't understand they not built for those lonely cold *** towns. Spells too will transfer. If you are not a highly talented recruit... school like PSU and WVU ain't for you.

How's this a major loss? SMH. Y'all just be talking. LOL. Spells is at the bottom of the CB board for this staff. Graves or Feagan would be a loss. And Durant actually is in the same boat as Jamaal Johnson. They underize tweeners that aren't elite players who can actually make a team that much better. They would just come in for depth. LUCAS, Lyons, would be major loss.
The Jamaal Johnson comp physically speaking is spot on and we dropped him, so people shouldn't think its off base to assume the staff/Simpson would pass on Durant too.

Advertisement
Not sure how I feel about this kid. He's twitchy, agile and can bend but he's really small for a DT. I think his skills translate better at DE where he has more space to attack and is less likely to be a liability against the run. Miami obviously doesn't need him at DE in this class.

You have to be pretty special to succeed as a DT who's that undersized. I don't see an Easley or Donald level penetrator here.

This is spot on. He has some elite testing numbers at his current size. But can’t play big boy football at the current size. So then the question becomes how big can he get, how quickly, and will he retain what makes him special. Those are all unknowns. This is a loss because we were told to expect him, but on paper it’s not as cut and dry.

Advertisement
The finalists should tell you all you need to know. UCF and Penn State. You think we will lose out on a commit to those two if he is high up on our board?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back