Prior relationship with T-Rob leads to UM offer for DE Durant

View as article
Not flipping an OL from his own state in the Midwest is a strike to you? Are you counting every OV who doesn’t commit a strike for every other school?

Anyone who’s paying attention to Spells knows what’s up. The kid wants to be treated like CB1 by UM, and he’s CB 3-4. I wouldn’t say Bama “struck out” on Fegans if he popped for UM. Kid just got tired of waiting or being treated like a lesser recruit. Spells is our Fegans.

Durant is an entirely different story. There’s no reason he shouldn’t be a Cane, and I’d call this a significant miss that has nothing to do with “where he sits on our board”.

I see one strike.
This is what any reasonable person who is paying attention sees. Chamblee was a full court press on an OOS kid who was already committed. I appreciate the effort by the staff, but those are longshots. Spells is being recruited, but he isn't in our top 3 CBs. And if we miss on the targets ahead of him, he may yet end up in this class. If the smoke is true on Durant and he signs elsewhere, then that's a legit miss.

One strike. Anyone saying otherwise either: 1) isn't paying attention; 2) is reacting emotionally; or 3) is trolling.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Beat Alabama, we get who we want.
1625341410495.jpeg

Advertisement
Zane may have gotten green light after workout from Simpson, but that was before the Lucas visit.

I think we are taking 4-5 DL. Maybe 4 HS leave room for a portal DE for 22.

Stewart
Kelly
Lucas
Tarbor
Lyons
Bear
Anderson
Durant

Weren't we going after him? I thought he visited and decided to stick with Arkansas a week after coming here? I could be wrong, if so my bad.
The Arkansas board said he was only here to take a vacation. Was never going to commit here. I don't blame the staff for trying though.

Advertisement
That’s fine, but someone is being left out in that case. Henderson twin, Fegans, Spells, Graves, Rogers, etc. I think they have Graves and Rogers as must gets, then Fegans next, then Spells and the twin.

I’m not in these conversations so I don’t know whats being communicated, but Spells seems to want to be prized more. Maybe they are mishandling him, but I think there’s more to it than that.
ALL OPINION.. I think spells issues started after he seen how graves is/was being treated in comparison

Rumph is still doing **** recruiting. He’s the assistant director of recruiting for a top 20 team with everything going for it and has 3 commitments in July.

Problem is kids dont wanna hear the truth and thats one thing Rumph won't do is lie and sell false promises. Does that hurt him? Yes it does but his character won't allow him to do that.

Advertisement
Durant posted on Twitter his commitment time. It wasn’t liked by a Miami Coach. Usually if it’s to UM they are all liking the tweet. I could be reading the tea leaves wrong. 🤷🏻‍♂️

What’s your take on the Durant situation?
I'm going to put a lot of stipulations here.

When I was told about the silents we have, he was not a name that I was told.

Its possible he could've committed afterwards, or will committ to us on the date, but I wasn't told anything about him. He wasnt even in the update I received at all lol.

Thus me being quite of the subject. No breadcrumbs from me on this guy. I got nothing.

Advertisement
Back