Prince Kent

gacericardo

Junior
Sat right behind the Baylor bench tonight at the game and kept a close eye on Kent the whole night. I know he is young but he barely played special teams and was nowhere near the ball ever. He seems very slow to me. I'm sure we could use the depth he would provide but I wouldn't see him doing much for us if he had made it to Miami

Advertisement
Sat right behind the Baylor bench tonight at the game and kept a close eye on Kent the whole night. I know he is young but he barely played special teams and was nowhere near the ball ever. He seems very slow to me. I'm sure we could use the depth he would provide but I wouldn't see him doing much for us if he had made it to Miami
Just about everyone I recall thought he was a reach as an offer. Not surprised to hear what you wrote.

I went to the Baylor spring game this year and he got a lot of burn at linebacker. He crushed Wright on a crossing pattern. He got too big and it affected his speed IMO.

Advertisement
He got abused in the Under Armour game IIRC by Jamal Reid IIRC.

Jamal Reid could've been a playmaker here. He messed it up by not being as dedicated as he should've been.

That's the legacy Shannon should be remembered for, brining in talent kids but not motivating or coaching them up.

You cant blame anyone for not motivating a player to work hard... The scholly and the opportunity to play in the pros should be the motivation... Now coaching up is something else, but you cant blame a coach if the player doesnt care or just doesnt produce... Wasnt Reid flunking out as well?

Advertisement
I remember Prince getting a lot of rave reviews about how he was performing early in the spring. I'm surprised to hear that he looks slow especially since he was a dang CB/Safety moving down to LB not the other way around.

I remember a lot of guys posting how stupid the coaches were for not re-recruiting this kid out of prep school. I guess we all know why now? Fact is he probably should have never been offered from day one along with about two dozen or so guys during the RS era.

Advertisement
Back