Prima Donnas at the AA game fighting over jersy #'s

datcaneguy

Senior
Mike Davis of Stone Mountain (Ga.) Stephenson made such a fuss about his assigned No. 16 that he was given a new number (14), making him the only player without his name on his jersey. But that didn't help - neither was the No. 28 he wanted.

As the No. 1 cornerback in the country, Tracy Howard of Miramar (Fla.) High has his choice of colleges. But he doesn't expect to have his choice of numbers when he gets there.

"That's ignorant," he said. "Why would you think you could just get any number you wanted? I don't think anyone is going to outwork me, but at the same time, if guys have been in the system and are doing the work, they get the number. You get a number, work hard and then you'll get what you want."

Howard, it should be noted, got a coveted No. 3 here. And while he says he would be happy to work for that number again in college, there's a limit to the starting point.

"Let's be serious, I'm not going anywhere to be No. 45," he said.

Advertisement
I know it's cliche, but real players make the number theirs

1.jpg

****** should rock 69 at thevgwme

Whenever I see a guy wearing #69 I immediately know that he's a douchebag, and not the good kind of football douchebag like Jake O'Donnell, Brian Cushing, etc etc but the 'I'm never going to get off the bench and everybody hates me' kind of douchebag.

Advertisement
They sound like a bunch of hoes fighting over what heels they gonna wear

****** should rock 69 at thevgwme

Whenever I see a guy wearing #69 I immediately know that he's a douchebag, and not the good kind of football douchebag like Jake O'Donnell, Brian Cushing, etc etc but the 'I'm never going to get off the bench and everybody hates me' kind of douchebag.

What about Jared Allen?

Ok, well he's good, but he's still an immature redneck who is a douchebag. I do kinda like him though. We'll just call him the exception to the rule.

Advertisement
I have never really cared who wears what number...It wont make you a better or worse player because you have a certain number on your chest to think it matters is really dumb

Mike Davis of Stone Mountain (Ga.) Stephenson made such a fuss about his assigned No. 16 that he was given a new number (14), making him the only player without his name on his jersey. But that didn't help - neither was the No. 28 he wanted.

As the No. 1 cornerback in the country, Tracy Howard of Miramar (Fla.) High has his choice of colleges. But he doesn't expect to have his choice of numbers when he gets there.

"That's ignorant," he said. "Why would you think you could just get any number you wanted? I don't think anyone is going to outwork me, but at the same time, if guys have been in the system and are doing the work, they get the number. You get a number, work hard and then you'll get what you want."

Howard, it should be noted, got a coveted No. 3 here. And while he says he would be happy to work for that number again in college, there's a limit to the starting point.

"Let's be serious, I'm not going anywhere to be No. 45," he said.

******* ridiculous. I'm glad we're not getting him now.

Advertisement
Wow. glad davis is not coming to UF. Kid is going to be a huge headache for whoever gets him

They sound like a bunch of hoes fighting over what heels they gonna wear

This. ***** *** dudes. Don't even care to watch these games anymore, the hat flip **** is old too. Just pick a **** school already, if you're not ready don't commit and flip flop every other week.

Advertisement
howard's comments lead me to believe he has the right make-up to fulfill his 5-star rating in college. wish we could have pulled this kid.

These recruiting services do not help either. These dumb *** kids are getting interviewed and called superstars when they are still in high school. A lot of them will not do a **** thing in college and even less make it to the NFL.

Advertisement
Back