Priebe receives offer after visit from Barry, discusses UM

View as article
“I will make a decision when I am 100 percent positive that is the school I want to attend,” Priebe said. “I am looking for the best fit obviously academically and athletically, a place that feels like home when I’m on campus, where I fit the best within the program and have the best relationships with the coaching staff.”

[/QUOTE]
This kid drill focks defenders into the ground I love it😆👏🏾! Got to get him GOTTDAMMIT!!!

Advertisement
The search for talent on the offensive line has brought the Canes all over the country and Miami hopes they have unearthed another potential gem in the midwest. 2020 Edwardsburg (MI) 3-star OT Josh Priebe received an offer from OL coach Butch Barry and the Canes this week and he took some time to discuss what that meant to him.

“It was very exciting getting an offer from Miami, they have such a successful and historical football program and it means a lot,” Priebe said.

The relationship between the Canes and Priebe is in its earliest stages right now, with coach Barry only just recently making contact and visiting Priebe at his school on Monday. As of now, UM has not indicated where exactly they are looking to put Priebe on the line, but know he is a talent they want to add to the roster regardless.

“I found out about the offer when coach Barry, the offensive line coach, visited my high school and offered me,” Priebe said. “I hadn’t had any prior contact, coach Barry contacted me a few days prior to him coming up. They have not specified as to where exactly they project me to play on the line, I have had schools tell me they see me as an inside guy and some as a tackle.”

Despite the sudden attention from Miami’s end, Priebe said his interest level in the Canes has certainly grown this week.

“I definitely have a much higher level of interest,” Priebe said. “I’d say what has me interested the most in Miami is the culture they are creating there with some of the new staff such as coach Barry. He has had a lot of success, and knows what it takes to play at an extremely high level. I look forward to getting to know him better.”

Although Priebe doesn’t have any visit scheduled to Miami yet, he is considering a trip to Coral Gables in the near future. The Michigan product has plans to see the in-state Michigan State Spartans and the Duke Blue Devils soon, though.

“I do not have anything planned yet down to Miami at this point in time,” Priebe said. “I am going to Michigan State this Saturday and Duke later in the month. I would definitely love to visit UM, but would need to make sure it would work out before we start planning anything.”

At Edwardsburg, Priebe was part of a state championship run in 2018 that he says included significant developments in his game.

“I feel like my junior season went extremely well,” Priebe said. “I worked very hard last off-season to correct a lot of aspects of my game and I feel like I developed a lot as a player, and will work harder to continue to do so. There was nothing better than winning a state championship this past year, and I felt overall the year went very well.”

While he’s not naming a leader yet or a top group, Priebe does list the programs he is hearing from the most right now.

“I am keeping all my options open right now and it is still very early,” Priebe said. “All of these offers are, for the most part, very recent. Michigan State, Purdue, and Duke are all coming after me the hardest at the moment, as well as Toledo and Notre Dame.”

The 6’5”, 280 pound lineman plans to take his process slowly and is in no rush no make any decisions until he is certain.

“I will make a decision when I am 100 percent positive that is the school I want to attend,” Priebe said. “I am looking for the best fit obviously academically and athletically, a place that feels like home when I’m on campus, where I fit the best within the program and have the best relationships with the coaching staff.”

I was born and raised in Michigan and lived there 25 years and I’ve never heard of Edwardsburg

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back