Priebe receives offer after visit from Barry, discusses UM

View as article

Stefan Adams

Managing Editor
Premium
The search for talent on the offensive line has brought the Canes all over the country and Miami hopes they have unearthed another potential gem in the midwest. 2020 Edwardsburg (MI) 3-star OT Josh Priebe received an offer from OL coach Butch Barry and the Canes this week and he took some time to discuss what that meant to him.

“It was very exciting getting an offer from Miami, they have such a successful and historical football program and it means a lot,” Priebe said.

The relationship between the Canes and Priebe is in its earliest stages right now, with coach Barry only just recently making contact and visiting Priebe at his school on Monday. As of now, UM has not indicated where exactly they are looking to put Priebe on the line, but know he is a talent they want to add to the roster regardless.

“I found out about the offer when coach Barry, the offensive line coach, visited my high school and offered me,” Priebe said. “I hadn’t had any prior contact, coach Barry contacted me a few days prior to him coming up. They have not specified as to where exactly they project me to play on the line, I have had schools tell me they see me as an inside guy and some as a tackle.”

Despite the sudden attention from Miami’s end, Priebe said his interest level in the Canes has certainly grown this week.

“I definitely have a much higher level of interest,” Priebe said. “I’d say what has me interested the most in Miami is the culture they are creating there with some of the new staff such as coach Barry. He has had a lot of success, and knows what it takes to play at an extremely high level. I look forward to getting to know him better.”

Although Priebe doesn’t have any visit scheduled to Miami yet, he is considering a trip to Coral Gables in the near future. The Michigan product has plans to see the in-state Michigan State Spartans and the Duke Blue Devils soon, though.

“I do not have anything planned yet down to Miami at this point in time,” Priebe said. “I am going to Michigan State this Saturday and Duke later in the month. I would definitely love to visit UM, but would need to make sure it would work out before we start planning anything.”

At Edwardsburg, Priebe was part of a state championship run in 2018 that he says included significant developments in his game.

“I feel like my junior season went extremely well,” Priebe said. “I worked very hard last off-season to correct a lot of aspects of my game and I feel like I developed a lot as a player, and will work harder to continue to do so. There was nothing better than winning a state championship this past year, and I felt overall the year went very well.”

While he’s not naming a leader yet or a top group, Priebe does list the programs he is hearing from the most right now.

“I am keeping all my options open right now and it is still very early,” Priebe said. “All of these offers are, for the most part, very recent. Michigan State, Purdue, and Duke are all coming after me the hardest at the moment, as well as Toledo and Notre Dame.”

The 6’5”, 280 pound lineman plans to take his process slowly and is in no rush no make any decisions until he is certain.

“I will make a decision when I am 100 percent positive that is the school I want to attend,” Priebe said. “I am looking for the best fit obviously academically and athletically, a place that feels like home when I’m on campus, where I fit the best within the program and have the best relationships with the coaching staff.”

Advertisement
Stefan, I'd wait til any of these midwest, colorado, etc...kids actually show reciprocal interest, or plan a visit before an interview.

That is angry young man, I like it. He will need time in College S&C program as well work on his flexibility despite appearing nimble in the video he runs stiff. I like getting on these 3* blue collar prospects early to avoid the Bagmen games which follow the higher rated kids. I see him as a left guard in college.

Good find Coach Barry.

Go Canes

That is angry young man, I like it. He will need time in College S&C program as well work on his flexibility despite appearing nimble in the video he runs stiff. I like getting on these 3* blue collar prospects early to avoid the Bagmen games which follow the higher rated kids. I see him as a left guard in college.

Good find Coach Barry.

Go Canes

Mahoney was an angry young man. Unfortunately, Golden over looked one thing, his level of competition.

Advertisement

Good find Coach Barry.

Go Canes

Loads of potential. I think he moves well enough for RT.

The search for talent on the offensive line has brought the Canes all over the country and Miami hopes they have unearthed another potential gem in the midwest. 2020 Edwardsburg (MI) 3-star OT Josh Priebe received an offer from OL coach Butch Barry and the Canes this week and he took some time to discuss what that meant to him.

“It was very exciting getting an offer from Miami, they have such a successful and historical football program and it means a lot,” Priebe said.

The relationship between the Canes and Priebe is in its earliest stages right now, with coach Barry only just recently making contact and visiting Priebe at his school on Monday. As of now, UM has not indicated where exactly they are looking to put Priebe on the line, but know he is a talent they want to add to the roster regardless.

“I found out about the offer when coach Barry, the offensive line coach, visited my high school and offered me,” Priebe said. “I hadn’t had any prior contact, coach Barry contacted me a few days prior to him coming up. They have not specified as to where exactly they project me to play on the line, I have had schools tell me they see me as an inside guy and some as a tackle.”

Despite the sudden attention from Miami’s end, Priebe said his interest level in the Canes has certainly grown this week.

“I definitely have a much higher level of interest,” Priebe said. “I’d say what has me interested the most in Miami is the culture they are creating there with some of the new staff such as coach Barry. He has had a lot of success, and knows what it takes to play at an extremely high level. I look forward to getting to know him better.”

Although Priebe doesn’t have any visit scheduled to Miami yet, he is considering a trip to Coral Gables in the near future. The Michigan product has plans to see the in-state Michigan State Spartans and the Duke Blue Devils soon, though.

“I do not have anything planned yet down to Miami at this point in time,” Priebe said. “I am going to Michigan State this Saturday and Duke later in the month. I would definitely love to visit UM, but would need to make sure it would work out before we start planning anything.”

At Edwardsburg, Priebe was part of a state championship run in 2018 that he says included significant developments in his game.

“I feel like my junior season went extremely well,” Priebe said. “I worked very hard last off-season to correct a lot of aspects of my game and I feel like I developed a lot as a player, and will work harder to continue to do so. There was nothing better than winning a state championship this past year, and I felt overall the year went very well.”

While he’s not naming a leader yet or a top group, Priebe does list the programs he is hearing from the most right now.

“I am keeping all my options open right now and it is still very early,” Priebe said. “All of these offers are, for the most part, very recent. Michigan State, Purdue, and Duke are all coming after me the hardest at the moment, as well as Toledo and Notre Dame.”

The 6’5”, 280 pound lineman plans to take his process slowly and is in no rush no make any decisions until he is certain.

“I will make a decision when I am 100 percent positive that is the school I want to attend,” Priebe said. “I am looking for the best fit obviously academically and athletically, a place that feels like home when I’m on campus, where I fit the best within the program and have the best relationships with the coaching staff.”

Excellent article Stefan!

Advertisement
This could be a hard a pull if ND offers him after a good camp perfomance. An the fact he is flying down Duke on his own dime is also concerning because if Duke offers, that is a tough one to turn down.

Link to article

2020 OL Josh Priebe Recaps Notre Dame Visit

2020 Edwardsburg (Mich.) offensive lineman Josh Priebe‍ made the short drive to South Bend on Saturday to visit Notre Dame.

The 6-foot-5, 265-pounder is no stranger to campus, but this trip was a little different.

“Things went really well and I learned a lot,” Priebe told Irish Sports Daily. “I went on a game day visit, but this was more in-depth. They went into detail on the academic side of things, so that was really good.”

Another difference on this trip was being able to interact with the coaching staff. Priebe was able to start to form relationships and he’ll likely be back for another visit soon.

“I’ve grown up going to Notre Dame my whole life, but you don’t really get to see the things I saw on Saturday,” he explained. “I got to meet with Coach (Brian) Kelly and talked with him. I’m getting to know Coach (Jeff) Quinn better too. I’ll probably be back for a spring practice.”

Quinn impressed the Edwardsburg star as the two were able to talk for an extended time on Saturday.

“Coach Quinn has a blue-collar mentality and I like it,” stated Priebe. ”He likes to get after it each day. He’s a great teacher and coach. I feel like I identify well with him and we’re connecting well.”

When it comes to an offer, the staff wants Priebe to camp at Notre Dame this summer so they can evaluate him in person, which was more than fine with the three-star prospect.

“They said they like me and are close to offering,” he stated. “They want me to come back for the elite camp in June and I think that’s when they will make the decision.”

Buffalo, Central Michigan, Duke, Kent State, Purdue and Toledo had offered Priebe, but Miami came up from Florida to offer him on Friday.

“It was a little surprising,” said Priebe. “I didn’t really know I was on their radar. It was pretty sweet.”

Michigan State, Northwestern, Purdue and Toledo are the program after Priebe the hardest right now and he’ll get back on the road in February to continue his tour of programs.

“I’m going to Michigan State on February 2nd,” said Priebe. “Then I’m flying down to Duke on February 28th and staying the whole weekend.”

Advertisement
Make sure video of the 2017 ND game is playing all the time when he visits. Don’t forget to point out how we treated those two 1st round oline picks they had.

You never know when a school is going to make an impression. There are always some kids that want to get away to see someplace different than what they know. His competition didn’t look that good, but that has nothing to do with how well he moves in space. I’d rather start with a kid his size and build him up, than some fat kid that leans on smaller kids all the time.

Advertisement
We need a pipeline in Big 10 country. Year in and out Wisconsin Iowa have great lines with these same type of players. It’s time we get some smash mouth Midwest kids up front.

Don’t kill me here but I’m really hoping all this Michigan offers are not to lay the groundwork for Enos taking over for Dantonio at MSU. **** would be cold blooded.

Advertisement
Back