Pride in the ACC?

Does the ACC being more competitive increase money in Miami's pocket?

When the current TV deal expires, it sure will. A more competitive league with multiple title contenders is worth a lot more to advertisers than Miami and 11 bums.

Advertisement

Yes, 100%

1. Better bowls including CFP. Not having an ACC team making the CFP will cost Miami 2-3mil. Having two teams make it will increase revenue 2-3.
2. Better media rights leverage
3. More butts in the stands
4. Lower costs for recruiting or better recruits as top recruits want to play in packed stadiums against top schools.

1&2 are via ACC rev sharing. The better the bowl means the more money Miami makes but it still will make north of 25mil. The CFP team makes the most.
3&4 are direct Miami costs and revenue. Every ranked team Miami brings to town adds more revenue as more fans show up. I except Miami to sell out the rest of the home games especially against Pitt & UNC.

When the current TV deal expires, it sure will. A more competitive league with multiple title contenders is worth a lot more to advertisers than Miami and 11 bums.

Agreed. Which is why we need to care about the conference. Which is different than being like the SEC fans who celebrate every team like their own thinking it is cool.

I do not root for any ACC team unless them winning somehow helps us.

And I actively root against FSU except for when they play the Gators.

Advertisement
Back