Pressure Bust Pipes!

999ef4752d9cfa381b37f425bc4dc3fb.gif

Advertisement
I know that recruiting is the blood of programs but winning on the field is more useful to us than anyone else. Just the slightness smell of the smoke of the old days would open the floodgates. Nothing compares to the lure of the old Canes. If there appears a real chance to relive that, these kids will kill for it. BUT there the field needs to show them.

This is where kids with PARENTS come into play. Those kids will choose Miami over bags more often than kids with a busted family and no money. Those kids will take a bag and a cool ride to satisfy their wants now, because they've never had anything nice. Kids with good parents will guide their kids to do the right thing, not the thing that makes them feel good at the moment. Then you have parents that ***** their children out for their own gain. Those kids never end up at UM, and I am glad.

I can't always tell who's white and privileged on a message board, but when I can it's because of posts like this. Not all poor families are "busted". Any other 18 year old prodigy except for Football and basketball players (mostly black kids) can cash in at 18 without being extorted for free labor first. They deserve the bags and much more.

This is where kids with PARENTS come into play. Those kids will choose Miami over bags more often than kids with a busted family and no money. Those kids will take a bag and a cool ride to satisfy their wants now, because they've never had anything nice. Kids with good parents will guide their kids to do the right thing, not the thing that makes them feel good at the moment. Then you have parents that ***** their children out for their own gain. Those kids never end up at UM, and I am glad.

I can't always tell who's white and privileged on a message board, but when I can it's because of posts like this. Not all poor families are "busted". Any other 18 year old prodigy except for Football and basketball players (mostly black kids) can cash in at 18 without being extorted for free labor first. They deserve the bags and much more.

I think he means when you don't have the family element helping makena decision....like that "uncle" or someone like Genron the handler....has nothing to do with being white and privlidged

Nice post.

I do do think that to the extent the local kids want to protect the 305, we are in solid shape in a general sense. It is like we have a slight advantage on an otherwise even playing field. However, bags will be in play for players. I also think bags will tilt the advantage out of nowhere from time to time. It is all apart of the game that is recruiting. The guys we have committed now, is it about telling SFla in a similar way that Howard use to sell the U to local kids? If so we may be on to something special. To think what could be again is very exciting.

He said doo doo

Advertisement

Oh they deserve a **** of a lot more than bags. I have been saying it for years. However, until the system is fixed, or done away with, these kids are in many cases being used and thrown away like trash. Most of them get little to no education, and are passed through because they play football. When they hit the real world, after football, their lives often end up a mess. Their handlers no longer give a rats butt about them, because they no longer have anything to offer. The universities don't care about educating them. They give them their little bag of $10K then turn around and make millions off of them. It's disgusting.

White privileged my ***... These young men deserve far better than what they are getting, and a stupid amount of what is basically pocket change to these universities is a joke. The education they get is a joke. Their handlers are a joke.

Maybe its me, but it seems like the Pastor is putting the pressure on these LOCAL kids to solidify their spot earlier because he can easily go OOS and get some ballers as well. Wait, and get left out. However, now there seems to be a trickle down effect. These top local kids are showing legit interest, committing early, shutting down their recruitment, and starting to recruit the other TOP local kids. Of course Miami, will recruit itself nationally every year but its getting to the point, imo, where it seems like if you're one of the best in Miami and you have an offer from the U, then you better commit or be an outkast! There is a sense of PRIDE. A sense of URGENCY. A sense of FAMILY and HOME.

"MIAMI is HOME" means something again!

We back, bltches......

attachment-6.gif

Maybe its me, but it seems like the Pastor is putting the pressure on these LOCAL kids to solidify their spot earlier because he can easily go OOS and get some ballers as well. Wait, and get left out. However, now there seems to be a trickle down effect. These top local kids are showing legit interest, committing early, shutting down their recruitment, and starting to recruit the other TOP local kids. Of course Miami, will recruit itself nationally every year but its getting to the point, imo, where it seems like if you're one of the best in Miami and you have an offer from the U, then you better commit or be an outkast! There is a sense of PRIDE. A sense of URGENCY. A sense of FAMILY and HOME.

"MIAMI is HOME" means something again!

We back, bltches......

Great post.

I don't know if it's pressure, or just better, more methodical recruiting; however, whatever it is, it is working.

CMR has repeatedly said that recruiting is now a 2-3 year cycle. I think we are beginning to see the fruits of his approach. This past season, he did well and the staff worked their tails off on some prospects, but in the end some of them had just written Miami off too early before his arrival.

It is clear that they are buying into his vision for the program and that he is relying on them for that vision is becoming ingrained in their heads.

Advertisement

I think the "extorted for free labor" is a bit over the top. They are getting a full ride which most of us can't afford, especially at a pvt. institution like UM where one semester may equal a year's salary for some folks.

I understand these players bring a lot of money to their institution by playing high level sports, so it is not to say they don't deserve maybe some more compensation. But they are hardly "working" for free. Let's be real here.

I think the "extorted for free labor" is a bit over the top. They are getting a full ride which most of us can't afford, especially at a pvt. institution like UM where one semester may equal a year's salary for some folks.

I understand these players bring a lot of money to their institution by playing high level sports, so it is not to say they don't deserve maybe some more compensation. But they are hardly "working" for free. Let's be real here.

And the ones who get injured in college and never get all the way back? What happens to them? A lot of these kids have given their lives to the game. There's nearly a whole generation of college graduates in this country who can't find work in their field, are unemployed or underemployed and are carrying student debt equal to or greater than the GDP of all but a handful of the countries on earth, and you still think a college degree is acceptable compensation? ****, half the kids I bartender with have masters degrees.
The highest paid faculty member at nearly every PUBLIC university in this country is the football coach. It's gotta be **** near a billion dollar a year industry if not more, but the men often sacrificing their long term health to provide the labor don't get ****. You say they're hardly working for free, so which is it or both? You think it's not work or it's not free? Because it's obviously very hard work and **** dangerous too, and if there's no pay check, it's free.

Last edited:

And the ones who get injured in college and never get all the way back? What happens to them? A lot of these kids have given their lives to the game. There's nearly a whole generation of college graduates in this country who can't find work in their field, are unemployed or underemployed and are carrying student debt equal to or greater than the GDP of all but a handful of the countries on earth, and you still think a college degree is acceptable compensation? ****, half the kids I bartender with have masters degrees.
The highest paid faculty member at nearly every PUBLIC university in this country is the football coach. It's gotta be **** near a billion dollar a year industry if not more, but the men often sacrificing their long term health to provide the labor don't get ****. You say they're hardly working for free, so which is it or both? You think it's not work or it's not free? Because it's obviously very hard work and **** dangerous too, and if there's no pay check, it's free.

There are schools who do take out insurance policies on their star players to entice them to stay. Clemson did this with Deshaun Watson.

And there are no guarantees in life. A college education does not ensure you employment, especially if the economy is down. However getting a degree in marketable areas does help. Majoring in Art History is not a sure fire way to get employed right out of college. There are many college students majoring in areas that have no bearing on a their eventual career choice. Students need to make better choices.

By the way, a full ride at UM for 4 years is over $160,000. And you think that is "free"?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back