President Frenk

OldhamA

Senior
I haven't seen the Richt press conference yet, but one of the main things to come out of today is what was posted on the Hurricanes twitter feed:

Frenk.jpg

It's probably just rhetoric, but that's exactly what you want to hear your President say. He gets it - football put this university on the map.

Hopefully he shows a commitment to football to back up those words.

Advertisement
I haven't seen the Richt press conference yet, but one of the main things to come out of today is what was posted on the Hurricanes twitter feed:

View attachment 34244

It's probably just rhetoric, but that's exactly what you want to hear your President say. He gets it - football put this university on the map.

He already has with this hire

The timing of when he became President couldn't have been better considering the overwhelming cry out from fans/alumni/students in regards to the football team. He made a reference to (I'm paraphrasing), "I found out real fast how much football means down here."

And the guy is a big soccer fan from his days in Mexico - so I'm sure he understands and wants a winner on the field.

I watched the press conference. While I like his moves so far, and he may be a brilliant guy, he's not the most captivating speaker. Dude put me to sleep and was like a robot.

View attachment 34244

That's a good start.

Advertisement
I watched the press conference. While I like his moves so far, and he may be a brilliant guy, he's not the most captivating speaker. Dude put me to sleep and was like a robot.

To add to that... who the heck dressed him this morning. Dark Green jacket, with a lime green tie and a light blue shirt...

From what I have seen from Frenk and also from Blake since Shalala left really shows us what an awful little troll she was. I know we have all been especially hard on Blake, but it really seems as though he was simply Donna's puppet.

View attachment 34244

That's a good start.

Dude had me when he issued that press release after the Duke game "We won." Foote would have forfeited the game. Donna would forfeited it AND banned laterals for four years, and suspended all the players who touched the ball. First time I have ever hear a president defend the team. My gut tells me he has been pushing this more than we think.

I remember a lot of posters upset when he was hired. His background wasn't from football-factory school so it was assumed he wouldn't care. He went to graduate school at Michigan and sat in the stands at Michigan games, or so he claimed.

He had he at 'we won'.

Advertisement

View attachment 34244

When he ponied up to hire richt, he has shown a commitment to football.

Advertisement
Rep. Excellent point about Frenk's comment after the Duke game. That comment and what he said today give me the impression that he does indeed appreciate the importance of the football program to the overall national perception of the institution. Donna never seemed to appreciate that you can raise research dollars in STEM while stomping on the college football world.

View attachment 34244

That's a good start.

Dude had me when he issued that press release after the Duke game "We won." Foote would have forfeited the game. Donna would forfeited it AND banned laterals for four years, and suspended all the players who touched the ball. First time I have ever hear a president defend the team. My gut tells me he has been pushing this more than we think.

The troll's stench is barely out of the office and already El Jefe is making moves.

Advertisement
Back