Preseason ESPN Football Power Index has The U at #16

What's an ESPN? That's like the same as an SI, right? Used to be something relevant to sports, but no longer is, something like that?
 
I'm going to consult my **** in the morning. Will update you guys on what I find.
 
"These four components interact and are assigned different weights depending on the team to produce preseason FPI."

Am I reading that right, they weight the factors differently for each team? Does that make any sense?

Also, I don't know d1ck about auburn, but I'm gonna go out on a limb and say our D will be better than theirs. Ditto Wisconsin, Stanford, and most especially Georgia.

Basically, this list is a steaming pile of crap.
 
Football Power Index (FPI) Rankings


Just like pre season strength of schedule this is total BS. No one knows how good a team really will be until the season starts and games are played.
 
Preseason rankings don't mean a **** thing. Talk about rankings in mid-October.
 
Football team at 16, basketball team anywhere from 5-23. Baseba...,a, **** that. But, basketball and football!!
 
Preseason ratings in early April? Who ******* cares. I find the obsession with preseason ratings in July to be bad enough.

And a #17 ranking at Miami is not anything to be proud of.
 
Back
Top