Preseason AP Top 25 Poll, 2020 Rankings Prediction Without Big Ten, Pac-12

anandris

Recruit
Canes come in at number 15. When you look at these rankings and the teams in front of us (the UCFs, Tennessees, Va Techs, North Carolinas of the world) it is actually pretty reasonable to expect us getting into the top 5 at some point this year and legitimately making a run at the playoffs. Even if we finish 2nd in the ACC, we'll have a legit chance to make it in.

https://collegefootballnews.com/202...20-rankings-prediction-without-big-ten-pac-12

Advertisement
We finish 2nd in the ACC, we will not make the playoffs. 1 ACC team, 1 Big 12 Team and then 2 SEC team as usual.
I think 2 ACC (Notre Dame, UNC, us?) teams and 2 SEC teams shouldn't be out of question though there's no way they'd go through with it and leave a Power 5 conference out this year especially

Advertisement
Paul 'I look like a *****' Finebaum thinks the top 4 SEC teams should get in the playoff.............

I think 2 ACC (Notre Dame, UNC, us?) teams and 2 SEC teams shouldn't be out of question though there's no way they'd go through with it and leave a Power 5 conference out this year especially
No chance. You have to give all three a spot as a reward for actually trying.

I could care less on number 4 after that.

Advertisement
Last edited:
In case you didn't click on the link, this is a prediction on rankings without the Pac12 or Big 10 available.

ESPN FPI has Miami as the 8th best team in the ACC and expects a 5-6 season with Miami losing to Louisville, FSU, Clemson, VT, Wake and UNC. I don’t see it…at all.

Running the table.

Advertisement
UCF recruits around 60 to 70th each year. Are they really worthy of that ranking? I feel like I misread it. I better check again. They can’t just keep getting lucky on pics. Coaches have changed. Seems illogical.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back