Preparation

M3N

Senior
Don’t see any threads on it, but

We looked prepared for the duke game. Now granted Duke was a struggling team, but completely dismantled them.

The last time I saw this was ND 17.

It seemed like every player just discovered adderal. Kids were focused, communication was on point, and execution was there.

Carter, Hall, Jennings were entirely new players.

Why did it take this long to see this type of performance?
What changed during the layoff?
And can we repeat this performance sooner then another 3 years?

Other tidbits:

Guys like Flagg, TAC, and Steed jump off the screen.

Steed over McCloud/Brooks all day. Not even a debate.

Clarke and Dubson provide and athletic level at DB we haven’t had in a while.

Advertisement
Probably because a bunch of the regulars were out and the young guys had to show what they got...

Hopefully not back to the old ways, next week..

Hopefully if you are right, which I feel like you are, then the older guys who are coming back are now on notice and play like it.

How many times have we heard the CIS Mope Squad complain about us not blowing out inferior competition? Well, we just did - in dominant fashion no less with a 3 week lay off.
I agree this week against UNC will be a truer measuring stick as to how far this team has progressed. Looking forward to it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Why are people dismissing this win when we’ve clearly shown that this is progress? Don’t say “it’s just Duke” either. We haven’t been blowing shítty teams out like we should have. Last time we shut out a conference opponent, and ON THE ROAD no less, was back in 2001.

enjoy the win. Now turn the focus toward beating the brakes off UNC.

Don’t see any threads on it, but

We looked prepared for the duke game. Now granted Duke was a struggling team, but completely dismantled them.

The last time I saw this was ND 17.

It seemed like every player just discovered adderal. Kids were focused, communication was on point, and execution was there.

Carter, Hall, Jennings were entirely new players.

Why did it take this long to see this type of performance?
What changed during the layoff?
And can we repeat this performance sooner then another 3 years?

Other tidbits:

Guys like Flagg, TAC, and Steed jump off the screen.

Steed over McCloud/Brooks all day. Not even a debate.

Clarke and Dubson provide and athletic level at DB we haven’t had in a while.

maybe not being able to play the sport they love for 3 weeks made them realize how special of an opportunity they have by being able to play college football.

Advertisement
This is a perception question.

The afterglow of a 48-0 beatdown of a subpar Duke team adds a beautiful soft filter focus to your recollection of those cues which lead your mind to believe we were more “focused” and “prepared”

The anxiety and adrenaline producing after effects on the mind of a hectic, brain rattling and frantic come from behind victory against a perceived inferior opponent lead to more hard edged and critical recollection of perceived disorganization.

Or maybe not.

Advertisement
How many of these” just” teams have we lost to the last decade! If our past performance against “ just Duke” would’ve been our standard, we’d be in a lot better situation.

How many times have we heard the CIS Mope Squad complain about us not blowing out inferior competition? Well, we just did - in dominant fashion no less with a 3 week lay off.
I agree this week against UNC will be a truer measuring stick as to how far this team has progressed. Looking forward to it.

Completely agree, and now a lot of those same people are saying, "yea, it was a blow out, but it was Duke"...............I am not quite sure what truly needs to be done in order to satisfy any of these guys.

Advertisement
Back