Predict our ranking on Monday

i dont want to be 1 until its a 1 seed in the tournament. the 1 seed has lost five weeks in a row. no thank you lol

I don't really understand this line of thinking. We have never been #1 in program history. If its for 2 seconds I want it.

Advertisement
I want Duke ranked higher than us when we play in Cameron.

Why?

This team loves being underrated and under-appreciated.

Come on man, we haven't done anything yet. They don't give out a Championship Trophy to the team ranked in first place. We need the media attention, we need the publicity so recruits take notice. Coach is building a program, we need and deserve the recognition.

A #1 ranking gives us a whole week of "omg Larranaga the based god" "omg did you know he took some ragtag team to the Final 4?" "omg i can't believe he'd go to a football school" "wowzers gee willybobs" idk but you get it

#1! #1! PLEASE.

A #1 ranking gives us a whole week of "omg Larranaga the based god" "omg did you know he took some ragtag team to the Final 4?" "omg i can't believe he'd go to a football school" "wowzers gee willybobs" idk but you get it

#1! #1! PLEASE.

Smart man.

Our team has no egos, our team gets little to no recognition, our team has a really smart man in charge of it.

Don't be scared everyone.

#1! #1! PLEASE.

Smart man.

Our team has no egos, our team gets little to no recognition, our team has a really smart man in charge of it.

Havent read the entire thread...so apologies if KWII but Larranaga had Chris Bosh come in and workout with the team summer of 2011...Larranaga asked him about the team afterwards and asked him for his honest opinion.

Bosh said the team was soft, didn't work hard and were in general not good. He had Bosh address the team and tell them all that info. They took it to heart and were humbled and learned a lot about themselves that day. They STILL have that chip on there shoulders and don't care about rankings....they are hungry.

Let's get it!!!!

Advertisement
Digger Phelps on Sportscenter, asked who was #1....

"Duke is not #1 right now. More importantly, Miami is the best team in the country. We've got to give them some love, we've got to give them some respect."

#1! #1! PLEASE.

Smart man.

Havent read the entire thread...so apologies if KWII but Larranaga had Chris Bosh come in and workout with the team summer of 2011...Larranaga asked him about the team afterwards and asked him for his honest opinion.

Bosh said the team was soft, didn't work hard and were in general not good. He had Bosh address the team and tell them all that info. They took it to heart and were humbled and learned a lot about themselves that day. They STILL have that chip on there shoulders and don't care about rankings....they are hungry.

Let's get it!!!!

You misunderstand my friend.

The ranking isn't for the players, it's morely for the recruits and the fans.

As a fanbase/university UMiami could do for some good press. Plus off the back of the NCAA scandal we could go for some positive vibes for sure.

They need to focus on the next game, but us as a fanbase can look at the long term effects of this without getting caught up in the "no championships in February" chatter. :D

Advertisement

#1! #1! PLEASE.

Smart man.

I actually disagree with this. While some of you think we should be ranked higher we are still receiving a TON of hype and recognition.

#1! #1! PLEASE.

Smart man.

I actually disagree with this. While some of you think we should be ranked higher we are still receiving a TON of hype and recognition.

You are thinking very small. No one thinks we're a real basketball team, we may have a good year but people need to take notice.

Advertisement
I was going to start a new thread, but, as others said, no suspense, we'll be #2. If we take care of business this week, and MSU knocks off Indiana, we'll be #1 next week.

Advertisement
Any chance we pick up the majority of those duke votes and have enough to jump ahead of IU?

That would require the journalists to give the Duke votes (a team that Miami beat) to us.

Duke #1RPI/#1SOS (3 Losses)

Miami #2RPI/#2SOS (3 Losses)

IU #12RPI/#32SOS (3 Losses)

Last edited:
Any chance we pick up the majority of those duke votes and have enough to jump ahead of IU?

I dont think so. If we would have blown out Clemson then maybe. This game probably left a bad taste in the voter's mouths to give us the top spot. IU won by almost 30 on Saturday.

There is no debate. We will be #2. We barely beat two unranked teams and Indiana smoked their two opponents. Nothing has occurred that would warrant #3 jumping #1. Enjoy it, tomorrow Miami will achieve its highest ranking ever.

Advertisement
Back