Pre-season rankings

Advertisement
Figured we would be where we are or 25th to put us on the cusp of being ranked by week 2 for Florida game to boost ratings

Advertisement
Did they tell Spurrier he wasn't allowed to vote for Duke? Every single year Spurrier has voted for Duke since that was his first D-I head coaching job. This year, Duke has no votes.

I understand the general thought amongst Canes fans regarding polls: win and it will take care of itself. But just on principle, it drives me nuts the love fsu gets since Bowden. I mean talk about benefit of the doubt. 12th???!!! They lost almost an entire staff. Lost a ton on defense, their best side last year. Have a guy as DC that never even game planned a game. Have a frosh at qb. Maybe one reliable WR? And here is a team picked to play on the acc ch. has the "top senior qb", a top 10 heisman hopefull, and what 7 guys on preseason watch lists but we are that much more of an uncertainty.

Had to vent. Polls are stupid.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Preseason rankings should be criminalized. Nobody should be ranked at all until after week #6.

We are right where I expected us to be. I was hoping for #24 or #25, but expected to be top 30. Top 35 at the worst.

Agree. But would have shortened it to mid or end of September. Maybe after 3-5 games or so.

Advertisement
There are four certainties in life.

1.) The sun coming up.
2.) Taxes.
3.) Death.
4.) FSU football receiving heaps upon heaps of preseason hype.

I understand the general thought amongst Canes fans regarding polls: we it will take care of itself. But just on principle, it drives me nuts the love fsu gets since Bowden. I mean talk about benefit of the doubt. 12th???!!! They lost alma or an entire staff. Lost a ton on defense, their best side last year. Have a guy as DC that never even game planned a game. Have a frosh at qb. Maybe one reliable WR? And here is a team picked to play on the acc ch. has the "top senior qb", a top 10 heisman hopefull, and what 7 guys on preseason watch lists but we are that much more of an uncertainty.

Had to vent. Polls are stupid.

They still have a lot of talent. 12th is fine for them imo.

Preseason rankings should be criminalized. Nobody should be ranked at all until after week #6.

The thing is, If they don't make them public, then the polls will be the same. They will just unveil the first poll at week 6. They need a starting point.

I wish they really would just wait until six weeks and then say "well the teams that stand out the most are (insert Teams here)" but they won't do that. So we might as well keep it.

Advertisement
#20 TCU coming off a 7-6 season..... really?

Well their starting QB will return after his substance-abuse last year, they have one of the best DE's in the nation as a sophomore, a top 5 CB in the nation, a pretty good defense overall.

I expected top 25 but I'll take 27. I'd rather earn our spot. For the people complaining about FSU, they're coming off a 12-2 record and were ranked #10 last year. They lost players and coaches but the polls are not going take that into account.

I expected top 25 but I'll take 27. I'd rather earn our spot. For the people complaining about FSU, they're coming off a 12-2 record and were ranked #10 last year. They lost players and coaches but the polls are not going take that into account.

And the Nolies will likely climb well into the Top 10, as they play nobody for their first 5 games. Then we'll have to deal with the Nolie fans and their lofty ranking that is based on preseason hype and beating up on cupcakes.

Advertisement
Back