Prayers for HS QB Robbie Roper

Advertisement
This isn’t tears or funny…

Robbie Roper, 2* QB who’s recruitment has picked up over the last few days from some SEC schools (Ole Miss and UF), had routine shoulder surgery but things went wrong and now he’s fighting for his life and is in grave condition

**** prayers to the young man that he pulls through… nothing ever routine when your having surgery no matter how minor

Robbie Roper, 2* QB who’s recruitment has picked up over the last few days from some SEC schools (Ole Miss and UF), had routine shoulder surgery but things went wrong and now he’s fighting for his life and is in grave condition

****. That’s awful. On such a routine procedure. No matter how much we dislike our rivals, it’s still just sports and never wish harm on another player. Prayers up for him. 🙏

Advertisement

What a terrible turn. Praying the young man makes a quick and full recovery.

🙏 sent...

That’s crazy… stupid question, but what exactly do “complications from anesthesia” mean? I don’t mean his situation specifically, but can you overdose on it? Can the my accidentally administer too much and shut the body down? I’m not familiar with it, that’s why I ask lol

That’s crazy… stupid question, but what exactly do “complications from anesthesia” mean? I don’t mean his situation specifically, but can you overdose on it? Can the my accidentally administer too much and shut the body down? I’m not familiar with it, that’s why I ask lol
yes. it can really mess you up. that is why it is handled by 1 person. that is all they do. it is a specialized job. kid could have had a reaction to it, maybe put him in a coma, all sorts of stuff. those jobs get paid bank. you literally have someones life in your hands every time you administer it to a patient in the operating room.

a friend of mine does this. when we all hang out he can tell some **** stories. once the drug starts working people go into a different state and start talking all kinds of ****. people talking about affairs, hitting on their daughters friends etc etc. **** puts your mind in another state

Advertisement
yes. it can really mess you up. that is why it is handled by 1 person. that is all they do. it is a specialized job. kid could have had a reaction to it, maybe put him in a coma, all sorts of stuff. those jobs get paid bank. you literally have someones life in your hands every time you administer it to a patient in the operating room.

a friend of mine does this. when we all hang out he can tell some **** stories. once the drug starts working people go into a different state and start talking all kinds of ****. people talking about affairs, hitting on their daughters friends etc etc. **** puts your mind in another state
Lol the crazy story part would be hilarious. Thanks for sharing though. I never knew that it was so dangerous

How come his recruitment picked up drastically?

Youre put to sleep you dont actually think its a happy pill do you?
typically means there was an intraop issue
most likely they lost the airway or had issues with hypotension
thats the most common issues with younger people
but since its a shoulder surgery he could have had an interscalenene block and had a pneumothorax also
so could be many things but most likely is what i listed first

typically means there was an intraop issue
most likely they lost the airway or had issues with hypotension
thats the most common issues with younger people
but since its a shoulder surgery he could have had an interscalenene block and had a pneumothorax also
so could be many things but most likely is what i listed first
How easy is it to lose the airway? I only know medical interventions from being in the army, but we have certain tools like an Igel or the NPA to keep the airway open for unconscious soldiers. I would imagine hospitals have something more sophisticated.

Advertisement
How easy is it to lose the airway? I only know medical interventions from being in the army, but we have certain tools like an Igel or the NPA to keep the airway open for unconscious soldiers. I would imagine hospitals have something more sophisticated.
yea usually can rescue with LMA, glidescope or fiberoptic

being a shoulder surgery,
this case was likely with sedation with a regional nerve block
he was likely in a sitting position
so he probly had an air embolism is what i would suspect but who knows
and what we always have to remember is that a bad outcome does not mean there was negligence sometimes sht just happens

btw for those who wonder im a board certified anesthesiologist but i havent done anesthesia in almost 10 years so things may have changed
i practice pain management full time

Certain meds used for sedation carry side effects that may affect people with specific genes. This may be a case of that.

Since he's young and in shape I'm sure the anesthesia used on him fell in line with general practice and not much customization was needed for his case. Happenstance.

Advertisement
As a teen, the mother of one of my friends passed away at around 40. It was my first funeral, and the mother of the deceased was understandably a wreck, and kept crying out loud "a mother should never have to bury their child". That day has stuck in my memory, and I feel sorry for the young man and his parents.

Advertisement
Back