Praise The Lord, Finally a Power 5 DT Prospect in S.Fla

Advertisement
Malcolm Lamar is the exact prototype DL that Coach Kool wants... (Even tho he's not South FLA)

Big athletic versatile kid that can play both DE & DT...

Last edited:
Advertisement
Btw this is automatically a porst if you don't mention Nick Bonitto

Bonitto's very good but with all due respect, Chatfield's on another level

I've watched them both live. Bonitto > Chatfield 10 out of 10

I'll take Nesta over both of them 10 out of 10
oh, I'll take him in a heartbeat too

Coaches really were all over him at paradise.

get this guy and Chatfield from Heritage and it will be a nice start to a certain top 5 finish in 2018:

Nesta Silvera - Hudl

Here is information I had on him since this summer and early fall. He was at a Broward public school in west Broward County before transferring.

Nesta Silvera... DL/OL... 18... FL... American Heritage....Nike Combine 3/6/2016
6-1(ht)... 313(wt)... 5.55(40)... 5.27(SS)... 37.0(PB)... 23.9 (vert)... 72.33(SPARQ)
OL or DL? Very aggressive and has explosion with a powerful lower base..plays with great leverage and pad level...they had him mostly OG last year but this spring playing DT..
Nesta Silvera - Hudl

Advertisement
get this guy and Chatfield from Heritage and it will be a nice start to a certain top 5 finish in 2018:

Nesta Silvera - Hudl

Bruh, I've been talking about him on these boards for a month or so, bruh. Bruh.

https://www.canesinsight.com/thread/dt-recruiting/103434/2?highlight=nesta Post 35

He was doing one-to-ones when we were discussing Dolcine the OT from Miramar--here is the link

https://www.canesinsight.com/thread...7-ot-miramar/104515/2?highlight=Nesta+Silvera

Jon Ford?

#80 on the Canes is also pretty good.

both of those guys are DE's that grew into DTs. Silvera is a natural Nose Guard.

You don't see too many of those in sfla

You don't see many NTs in HS ever b/c it takes a rare build and physicality to play that role. Few usually excel in college either.

That being said, this defense doesn't need a true nose. The DTs are more one gap disruptors than space eaters. They are nice to have but not a necessity like in Golden's D.

In March 2016 at Nike Combine he was measured at 6-1 and 313 and is explosive.

Nesta looks like an animal. I trust Coach Kool the most on the staff, so I would expect an offer to come. Most would say stud DT's are a rare find on HS level, Nesta looks the part based on his feet/agility and aggression. PSU brings up a good point and this doesn't apply to Nesta, but seems like our scheme doesn't require a "true" NT type. Pluggers are especially hard to find and with the higher paced O's maybe obsolete soon. Having a DT who can play over center situationally seems like a better move. The RJ Mac's of the world are the future and I think our RJ is gonna make himself a giant pile of $$ next year. Long/short I'm confident Coach Kool is on it and we'll be in great shape on the DL front. My $0.02.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
Ibis Wangz's eye for DT talent > Paranos

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back