Spring PractiSe #2: Wednesday March 6

Advertisement

Holy ****!

IMG_4973.jpeg

What you @'in me for?

Everybody always has the tough guy CB's don't matter opinion until we play teams like UNC & LVille our Corners get torched.

And let's not forget the key moments in the FSU game...

View attachment 284054View attachment 284055View attachment 284056View attachment 284057View attachment 284058

That's the one yall betting the house on, who was Coached by yall's favorite DB Coach...

But if yall like it, I love it 🤷🏽‍♂️
These clips of 6 make me feel great about our 2024 outlook penciling him in as a starter

And James shoulder tackling a dude from behind and bumping him forward for 5+ more YAC is wild. Story of that kids career at Safety.

With all this CB talk I am going to have a ROK moment and say that according to Sports illustrated Zaquan Patterson can play some Nickle and Corner so maybe we should cross -train him there.

Advertisement
I know you are trying to make a point but you really going to put in a Coleman push off highlight like Damari for beat?
Yes he was too deep, feet were flat so Coleman got a little push off and he got toasted on a simple out route into the endzone.. D1 starting corner at UM should never put themselves in that situation. If Fswho's got NFL talent WR Coleman starting he should be jammed at the line by an NFL talent Corner who is just as elite to where the timing is completely off with the QB, instead year in year out our Corners are not developed into elite NFL talent, they are projects or just mediocre talent that are somehow not situationally aware (coaches fault?) and famously get toasted lining up 15 yards off the line of scrimmage. The tape does not lie he is standing flat footed in the endzone practically waiting to be pushed off of with ease, nauseating honestly.. Why are you offended by facts on film?

Blades, Starks, Shields, Jennings probably puke every time they turn on the games.

Besides the never ending coaching carousal form the last 20+ years and the long list of QB debacles.. the main positions that lack consistency were the O line, QB, CB's and D Line. Now the O line pedigree in place, QB pedigree in place, D line looking better. Mario and company have got to land elite talent in the Cornerback room either by transfer or finding the studs coming out of high school.

I hope I'm wrong on Damari and the rest of the room but I'm just not seeing what it should look like.

Whoever earlier posted DB's don't win and lose games lay off the angel dust!

Advertisement
If u think davis was our cb1 last year then u didn’t watch the same games as everyone else did lol. Porter was by far our best corner and arguably our best db period.

We need another corner for sure but that’s because everything after porter is meh or unproven

And none of our guys followed #1 around, they just lined up on sides and teams didn’t throw to dp side much for a reason. Davis didn’t always have the wr1 he just made a bunch of wrs look like they were wr1

I hope you're right, brother. I'm just calling it like I see it. I admit I am no expert, especially DB. But I just don't see that explosive defender I want to see to believe. I have the same concern at DT. And we're lacking a top end tall WR until/unless Horton steps up (and no real competition from another big worries me).

Those are my 3-4 major concerns across the team. It's much more balanced and higher quality overall than previous seasons. But I think you need to try to fill those probable holes if you can find the talent in the portal.

These clips of 6 make me feel great about our 2024 outlook penciling him in as a starter

And James shoulder tackling a dude from behind and bumping him forward for 5+ more YAC is wild. Story of that kids career at Safety.
Not with him missing Spring thus far it shouldn't.

Every one of those clips was poor technique. Chevis has to essentially teach him to play all over again.

I know you are trying to make a point but you really going to put in a Coleman push off highlight like Damari for beat?
The problem with talking about CB's on here is that most have no idea what good technique actually is & are clueless to what they're supposed to do.

That's why people can see multiple clips of a guy getting beat & still think he played well, because they just don't know what they're seeing.

Advertisement
Not with him missing Spring thus far it shouldn't.

Every one of those clips was poor technique. Chevis has to essentially teach him to play all over again.
I though the was referring to him heading to FSU... then I get the positive outlook... otherwise, he needs to improve....a lot...

What you @'in me for?

Everybody always has the tough guy CB's don't matter opinion until we play teams like UNC & LVille our Corners get torched.

And let's not forget the key moments in the FSU game...

View attachment 284054View attachment 284055View attachment 284056View attachment 284057View attachment 284058

That's the one yall betting the house on, who was Coached by yall's favorite DB Coach...

But if yall like it, I love it 🤷🏽‍♂️
Surely you're not using a true Freshman being beat by an NFL draft pick to prove your point.

Advertisement
Lol insane statement cbs absolutely can lose u games dawg what
You're right bro, WTF do I know?
Just had my best defense in my 17 year history of coaching...and the best defense in this school's history...with two 5'9" CB's that are going D2.
(while playing 4 nationally ranked opponents that were filled with P5 WR recruits)

You got it bud.

Last edited:
CB play doesn't matter??.....Yeah it does. We don't play for the NC in 2001 if not for Rumph jumping that route, with the ball careening off him into Matt Walter's hands. There's other instances throughout UM History(to numerous to mention) where CB play saved our asses. If you've got an Ed Reed or SeanTay at Safety watching for everything over the top....then maybe CB play isn't as vital. But those type of Safeties aren't a dime a dozen
Nobody said that CB play doesn't matter, for one.
Secondly, we almost lost that BC game because we turned the ball over 92 times.

Which going back my original point...
If you have to rely on crunch time CB play to win/lose a game, YOU PROBABLY DIDN'T DO A GOOD JOB ELSEWHERE.

CB play matters, but in the grand scheme of things, they're not winning/losing you football games.

Surely you're not using a true Freshman being beat by an NFL draft pick to prove your point.
Not to mention, anybody can find highlights of good corners getting beat too if you look for it. Seems like people are worried about Damari as if he's not going to continue to improve, sheesh

Advertisement
Back