Practice has officially started......two days ago (I apologize for being late).

Do you guys expect our half court offense to be better? Ever since that one assistant left we have had a putrid half court offense. I'm talking about non existent half court sets besides a high pick and roll. On top of our garbage half court offense, L doesn't run any sort of sets out of inbound plays. With a shooter like Vasil, I have found that criminal the last 3 years.

Advertisement
Do you guys expect our half court offense to be better? Ever since that one assistant left we have had a putrid half court offense. I'm talking about non existent half court sets besides a high pick and roll. On top of our garbage half court offense, L doesn't run any sort of sets out of inbound plays. With a shooter like Vasil, I have found that criminal the last 3 years.

In fairness, the ball screen offense will look much different with athletic wings like Isaiah Wong, Harlond Beverly and Kam McGusty compared to last season when you had DJ Vasiljevic and Anthony Mack on the perimeter. Unfortunately, the later two could not turn the corner and get into the lane. The ball screen offense needs multiple guards who can get into the lane and create shots for themselves or their teammates. So yes, this season should be better.

Would I like to see a more diverse offense? Yes. I would like to see more post entry passes but does Miami has a threat in the post this season? Maybe Rodney Miller will show everyone the left handed and right handed hook shot Coach L has raved about this season.

I would like to see Miami press more in the half and full court along with playing more uptempo. Maybe that is coming this season. Hopefully.

Advertisement
Back