Practice #9

Advertisement

tenor.gif

If you think about it, the parallels between our game with the Gainesville on the 24th is a lot like last years game to start the season with LSU. LSU was not being given any credit. Breaking in a new QB. Solid to great defense. We were just coming off of a 10 win season and starting a returning QB with good numbers but essentially a mediocre player. Felipe Franks numbers in 2018 against the SEC were the same as #12 in 2017. Franks shined in OOC games as did #12. I just think Gainesville is in for a let down this year. Their is this sense nationally that Gainesville will take the next step as we were supposed to in 2018.
Bro I was just thinking about this last night. It's funny how similar the situations are.

If you think about it, the parallels between our game with the Gainesville on the 24th is a lot like last years game to start the season with LSU. LSU was not being given any credit. Breaking in a new QB. Solid to great defense. We were just coming off of a 10 win season and starting a returning QB with good numbers but essentially a mediocre player. Felipe Franks numbers in 2018 against the SEC were the same as #12 in 2017. Franks shined in OOC games as did #12. I just think Gainesville is in for a let down this year. Their is this sense nationally that Gainesville will take the next step as we were supposed to in 2018.

Miami 2018 = the gator 2019. I've said it ad nauseum on this board for 6 months. They won't sniff 10 wins this year.

Advertisement
I'll never understand why everyone insists on overreacting to every single media report and taking each report as fact. Didn't we learn from the QB battle the last 2 years that nobody knows anything and none of these media reports really provide any insight into who is going to start? I remember 2 years ago that we had very credible sources predicting Evan Shirreffs was going to start.

Yup, they see nothing really of significance. 15 minute viewing sessions with the QB's never even going up against the defense? All they can do is report what they see, it's on us to remember that what they're seeing is practically the QB's warming up.

I am a long time reader of CIS. I just decided to join. I promise I will never start a thread with ..

1.) This just in
2.) I would like to thank Mark Richt
3.) Who do you want to see win the QB job
4.) I have a question
5.) What do you think our record will be?

This is a great forum and I look forward to giving you all solid contributions
Welcome! Nice Avatar! grrrreat to see a fellow quadruped...

Advertisement
Yup, they see nothing really of significance. 15 minute viewing sessions with the QB's never even going up against the defense? All they can do is report what they see, it's on us to remember that what they're seeing is practically the QB's warming up.

i thought its 35 min this year, but your point stands

Miami 2018 = the gator 2019. I've said it ad nauseum on this board for 6 months. They won't sniff 10 wins this year.
I know Perry isn't a "New QB". But I see him essentially as one since he wasn't given a shot last year for whatever reason. However, all three have talent and can be at the very least, good with coaching. In my opinion, if you pair the entire teams skill set with "Good" QB play, we win 10 games easy.

Advertisement
I'd love for him to win out but I can't put any stock into a handful of throws the media sees as far as the qb comp goes.

I’m not talking about a handful of throws the media sees.

There was a scrimmage two nights ago and the next practice Kosi and Jarren are working as usual while the other QBs are working off to the side.

It sounds like Jarren is getting a look to me. Has nothing to do with any of the throws he/she tweeted about.

Advertisement
This guy keeps assigning significance to the order of drills, which has not meant anything so far.

This times a MILLION! Media views ~30 minutes of practice at the beginning which amounts to the initial warmup drills after stretching. I bet Enos isn't even pre-assigning the order they do the drills in. They just line up and do them. Once a depth chart is solidified it'll naturally fall in order but right now... pshh

Advertisement
Back