Potential Transfer Portal Nominees…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I will never understand the mentality of a fan posting a thread like this.

Are they already in the portal? Go at it. Fair game.
A thread about recruiting numbers and part of your argument for bringing in more recruits at a spot is you think a guy might bounce? That's fine, too.
Social media rumors and grumblings posted by players suggesting they're unhappy or looking elsewhere? That's certainly newsworthy.

But just a straight list of OP's top "nominees" to hit the portal this off-season... what's the point of that?
Exactly. How many years has it been since we were at the roster limit?

I gave my take on Daz above.

People been throwing dirt on Cody Browns grave for 3 months now. He is one Thad Franklin injury or "Thad lost focus and came in out of shape from summer AGAIN" away from being our only "big, bruiser" style RB. None of the other guys in that room can carry that load. If im him, I dont throw in the towel just yet. I love Thad but he hasnt proven he can be trusted based on last season.
Been saying this the whole time. It because hes from out of state...there is no need to be crabbing about a seocnd semester rb to transfer out...Willis Mcgahee would of been gone then if it was up to most of ours.

Next year is when the seat would be hot with Brown...next spring.

Advertisement
I recognize there are few (if any) subjects that are taboo for CIS, but nominating kids who should/might/could transfer is wrong. Every single scholarship player enrolls with the desire and goal of playing at a high-level and winning football games. It doesn't always workout and sometimes (too often) our staff misevaluates talent. Nobody feels worse than those young men who recognize their standing within the program and elect to give it another shot elsewhere (leaving behind friends and having to start over).

Why exacerbate the situation by openly discussing those who we believe should leave the University.

Advertisement
And the potential transfer nominees are
1. Cody Brown (RB room requires speed he doesn’t possess and it’s getting more crowded with Baxter’s name floating around.)

2. Dazelin Worsham (Anyone who’s been reading my comments know I’ve said he was a perfect transfer candidate the day he committed. I just don’t see it.)

3. Payton Matocha (What’s understood doesn’t need to be explained.)

4. Cleveland Reed (He’s just not getting it. He had his name in the transfer portal once before, and so I wouldn’t be surprised if he did it again. Especially if Miami were to pick up another good size OL.)

Anyone else I’m missing?
Reed has been here for 4 years so we have fairly and completely met our commitment to him. He should move on one way or the other. He either never worked hard here, had poor coaching or simply didn't want to give what you need in order to succeed at this level.

I recognize there are few (if any) subjects that are taboo for CIS, but nominating kids who should/might/could transfer is wrong. Every single scholarship player enrolls with the desire and goal of playing at a high-level and winning football games. It doesn't always workout and sometimes (too often) our staff misevaluates talent. Nobody feels worse than those young men who recognize their standing within the program and elect to give it another shot elsewhere (leaving behind friends and having to start over).

Why exacerbate the situation by openly discussing those who we believe should leave the University.
I somewhat agree but also believe in a time limit. If you've been here for 4 years, received $300,000 of education value and never play----then it is time to move on. You are blocking someone else's opportunity.

Advertisement
1. Cody Brown (RB room requires speed he doesn’t possess and it’s getting more crowded with Baxter’s name floating around.)

2. Dazelin Worsham (Anyone who’s been reading my comments know I’ve said he was a perfect transfer candidate the day he committed. I just don’t see it.)

4. Cleveland Reed (He’s just not getting it. He had his name in the transfer portal once before, and so I wouldn’t be surprised if he did it again. Especially if Miami were to pick up another good size OL.)

Anyone else I’m missing?
Don’t believe Daz is a candidate. I agree on the other 3.

Advertisement
In fairness, @Liberty City El has never been mean or nasty about Ivey. He's just been consistent that Ivey isn't a Miami caliber CB (which has proven to be true).
If he played well I would say so, but he doesn’t, so I just call it what it is...

For some odd reason our fans just have an affinity for bad CB play,

giphy.gif

Anyone else I’m missing?
we need flagg to hit the portal
the fact he thinks he even has a chance of playing is very telling of how low our talent level is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back