Potential Transfer Portal Nominees…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maskoff407

Recruit
And the potential transfer nominees are
1. Cody Brown (RB room requires speed he doesn’t possess and it’s getting more crowded with Baxter’s name floating around.)

2. Dazelin Worsham (Anyone who’s been reading my comments know I’ve said he was a perfect transfer candidate the day he committed. I just don’t see it.)

3. Payton Matocha (What’s understood doesn’t need to be explained.)

4. Cleveland Reed (He’s just not getting it. He had his name in the transfer portal once before, and so I wouldn’t be surprised if he did it again. Especially if Miami were to pick up another good size OL.)

Anyone else I’m missing?

Advertisement
So many more, lol. But I'm going to respect the process and hope for the best with this new coaching staff. So I refuse to name names at this point. Maybe the light turns on with some of the kids we all thought would be JAGs.

As always, I feel that if you don’t need the room for a better kid, you don’t encourage kids to leave. Depth is important in games and at practice. Obviously we all want more talented depth, and we’ll get there, but in the meantime there’s a place for kids who won’t make a direct impact on the field.

As always, I feel that if you don’t need the room for a better kid, you don’t encourage kids to leave. Depth is important in games and at practice. Obviously we all want more talented depth, and we’ll get there, but in the meantime there’s a place for kids who won’t make a direct impact on the field.

100. We're going to see natural attrition whether we want it or not anyway. I'm sure we'll have room for the 3-6 more portal kids we want to take to round out the roster

100. We're going to see natural attrition whether we want it or not anyway. I'm sure we'll have room for the 3-6 more portal kids we want to take to round out the roster
I can’t remember a time when we turned some stud down because we didn’t have room. And I can’t remember a time when CIS wasn’t screaming to get rid of some kids because they weren’t starters.

Advertisement
Payton Matocha, I commend your competitive spirit for committing and playing for Miami.

With that said...

Payton Matocha will not receive a rep over Jacurri Brown. PM was simply out-recruited. The kid can still xfer out and be a starter for a low P5 or D2.

I think we'll be over the 85 limit when the summer group gets here. Some people will be left behind

There's likely to be some attrition from our LB unit, my guesses are Brooks & Huff.

LB and the OL are where the most Portal candidates are. We cannot encourage all the Portal candidates at those positions until we recruit and train quality replacements. Coach and Staff clearly looking to significantly upgrade the trenches on both sides and the LB positions. If we get the guys we want and recruit full classes, we'll see more of the pre-Mario signees hit the portal.

Advertisement
If Matocha was going to transfer, he would have already done so last season. He’s already the oldest scholarship QB on the roster. He got passed on the depth chart when TVD signed to come here two years ago. He’s likely going to finish his (free) undergrad degree at UM and if he has an itch to get playing time somewhere, grad transfer to a G5 or FCS program. UM was by far his best offer out of high school and I don’t think he came here with the intention of being the top guy. Some dudes just want a good place to go to school and don’t have delusions of playing professionally. There’s worse things in life than getting a free private school education in Miami.

Advertisement
If Matocha was going to transfer, he would have already done so last season. He’s already the oldest scholarship QB on the roster. He got passed on the depth chart when TVD signed to come here two years ago. He’s likely going to finish his (free) undergrad degree at UM and if he has an itch to get playing time somewhere, grad transfer to a G5 or FCS program. UM was by far his best offer out of high school and I don’t think he came here with the intention of being the top guy. Some dudes just want a good place to go to school and don’t have delusions of playing professionally. There’s worse things in life than getting a free private school education in Miami.
Agree 100% I think he always expected to be depth. Nothing wrong with that.

Bingo. In a case like his, I'd expect him to grad transfer to a good academic school for his master's.

It will all get worked out before fall camp, in the meantime, the bodies don't hurt for practice purposes.

Advertisement
Back space button is at the top, lol..
Seth Meyers I Give Up GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Daz has been impressing in spring practice so far….bigger, faster, more confidence. A bit of a surprise.
Yeah I dont see anyone he should be afraid of in that WR room. Nobody has really proven anything. This isnt OSUs WR room from last season we are talking here. Our guys have talent but are really unproven as legit starters.

Hes a great Spring showing away from being in that top 5 rotation going into the Fall. (X, KSmith, George...the other 2 spots are wide open for the taking...why transfer?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back