Potential Portal DB’s (CB’s & S’s only)

Advertisement
Advertisement
Man started for UT last year, wonder what happened?

Doesn’t matter, take him. He can’t go to SEC, should be all over this.
Leaned Ohio State at one point in HS before ultimately choosing Texas.

Maybe Oregon involved too. Aside from that...

Yeah I wouldn't be trying to get the Arizona CB. He's likely going to be a bidding war, and SEC would be involved.
I'd probably take Dyoni Hill no matter what right now. I'd expect him to be decently cheap coming from Marshall.
From there I'd still take 1 more. It looks like CB market is much better than safety market. So I'd just push Powell to primarily Safety, and add another CB. This dude from Texas or Anthony Johnson from ArkSt would be top targets right now imo. Anthony Johnson probably cheaper. The Texas guy has benefit of not being able to go to an SEC program though...

Really wish we made a big push for Tacario Davis. Probably would have been an all out bidding war with all of the big boys being involved but that's kid could have turned the CB situation into a strength REAL quick lol.

My understanding is that while he's technically still in the portal, he's staying in AZ.

He entered in the winter window and just never formally took his name out. Most don't even consider him as being in the portal. Weird

Man started for UT last year, wonder what happened?

Doesn’t matter, take him. He can’t go to SEC, should be all over this.

I thought Texas and OU don’t join the SEC until June 1? So technically he could still go to an SEC school

Advertisement
My understanding is that while he's technically still in the portal, he's staying in AZ.

He entered in the winter window and just never formally took his name out. Most don't even consider him as being in the portal. Weird

Smart on his part. Makes sure that he doesn’t get stiffed on NIL payments from AZ while still hearing from other schools on potential offers. All it takes is one desperate team to make a godfather offer.

Advertisement
Advertisement
CB portal is much better than I thought it would be which should be really good for us. I’m pretty confident we are going to add 1-2 pretty solid DBs
JMO but:

confident there will be multiple options for us to improve the room?
Sacha Baron Cohen Thumbs Up GIF by Amazon Prime Video

confident we do the right thing and take 2 QUALITY options?
Sal Vulcano Whatever GIF by truTV’s Impractical Jokers

that being said, please prove me wrong 'Rio, CJack & Sir Guidry. 🤞🏽

Advertisement
Back