Potential Portal DB’s (CB’s & S’s only)

Is cb a mess tho? Porter was good, brown played good down the stretch, Richard showed some things down the stretch too. Porter and damari are likely starting with Richard in that nickel spot. Then you have stafford who they want to get on the field and as of now Davonte is still here. Now I think depth and more talent is needed but they must feel like the young guys will be ready next year. I think they need to upgrade the recruiting of hs cb prospects. The focus next year should be on CB recruiting
Yea it’s a mess. Porter has been okay, he has surprised after a meh 22, and is probably our best cover CB but not good enough. Damari showed promise as a true freshman I’ll give you that. After that you want a guy(Richards) more suited for Safety or really boundary at nickel? You’re hoping to get a talented but raw Stafford out there as a true soph? That just isn’t good enough for where we want to be. If we were playing a secondary like ours and we were discussing how to attack that team on offense, we would all be in agreement that their CBs are a weak spot and a mess. You couldn’t even mention a playable two deep there.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Yea it’s a mess. Porter has been okay, he has surprised after a meh 22, and is probably our best cover CB but not good enough. Damari showed promise as a true freshman I’ll give you that. After that you want a guy(Richards) more suited for Safety or really boundary at nickel? You’re hoping to get a talented but raw Stafford out there as a true soph? That just isn’t good enough for where we want to be. If we were playing a secondary like ours and we were discussing how to attack that team on offense, we would all be in agreement that their CBs are a weak spot and a mess. You couldn’t even mention a playable two deep there.
It’s not good enough for you. Clearly the staff are higher on these guys than you are. I don’t think you guys understand what they like at cb. Fans want pure cover cbs but it’s clear they prefer guys who are physical and that will tackle. Therefore yes a guy like richard would work at nickel in Guidry defense

It’s not good enough for you. Clearly the staff are higher on these guys than you are. I don’t think you guys understand what they like at cb. Fans want pure cover cbs but it’s clear they prefer guys who are physical and that will tackle. Therefore yes a guy like richard would work at nickel in Guidry defense
I understand just fine, I just don’t agree with it and being that this is the forum, I voice my opinion on it. Our weakness on defense were our DBs in pass coverage, particularly our CBs. Aside from needing more pure cover corners, I don’t believe we have the proper ready to play numbers either.

Richards played nickel his entire freshman year at vandy

I dont know if your speaking of nfl draft ratings but a group of Porter Jr, Damari Brown, Richards, Devante Brown isnt actually a mess.

Thats alot of college reps at the spot, if Elder Brown portals you grab something in to replace imo. I dont think its a huge necessity

Advertisement
Advertisement
hope we land this dude

based on who's reached out, would hope we have the best odds

How To Cooking GIF by Munchies

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back