Potential DCs under Mark Richt

clg003

Junior
Premium
You know they are reaching out to Richt and this seems like the most fitting place for him to land.

I personally think that there are no other candidates that will interview like him.

There are no negatives that the BOT will see.
Big name.
A Miami guy.
Recruits the Area well.
Winning SEC coach.
Can be immediately available.
Will be within their pay range.
High character guy.

I know people believe his coaches speak about possible doing other things but he is to young to retire and he loves the U.

The question is who would he bring in on the staff.

Potential DCs under Mark Richt, who you got?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Wait, he's interviewing?

IMO he's retiring/going to stay with UGA in an administrative capacity...

Richt would be a solid hire IMO. Better than Butch, Schiano, Strong, etc, but not as good as Gundy, Patterson, Mullen, or Herman. The ultimate home run is Chip Kelly, but I would welcome Richt, Mullen, Patterson, Butch, Gundy, Herman, etc with open arms!

Advertisement
If Richt is hired I'll throw up.

I am not thrilled either but I just cant see how he wouldn't be the perfect fit for these guys.

They want a Miami guy and they want to make a splash.

He is a bigger name the Chud or Schiano and fits the good boy image that the school covets.

If Richt is hired I'll throw up.

I am not thrilled either but I just cant see how he wouldn't be the perfect fit for these guys.

They want a Miami guy and they want to make a splash.

He is a bigger name the Chud or Schiano and fits the good boy image that the school covets.

I wouldn't put it passed them, its right up their alley. Fired for not winning at a school like UGA, let's scoop him up.

Richt would be a solid hire IMO. Better than Butch, Schiano, Strong, etc, but not as good as Gundy, Patterson, Mullen, or Herman. The ultimate home run is Chip Kelly, but I would welcome Richt, Mullen, Patterson, Butch, Gundy, Herman, etc with open arms!

I wouldn't be surprised to see Richt start positioning himself for other jobs. That could force their hands to not wait for any of the bigger names.

Is Bud Foster a lock to stay at Virginia Tech...I want either him or the BC guy

Advertisement
You know they are reaching out to Richt and this seems like the most fitting place for him to land.

I personally think that there are no other candidates that will interview like him.

There are no negatives that the BOT will see.
Big name.
A Miami guy.
Recruits the Area well.
Winning SEC coach.
Can be immediately available.
Will be within their pay range.
High character guy.

I know people believe his coaches speak about possible doing other things but he is to young to retire and he loves the U.

The question is who would he bring in on the staff.

Potential DCs under Mark Richt, who you got?

Why do you think he wants to coach anymore?

Name one Georgia team that Mark has coached that can beat one of butch miami teams?

thanks for playing

Advertisement

Name one Georgia team that Mark has coached that can beat one of butch miami teams?

thanks for playing

Pretty sure almost every single one of Right's Georgia teams could have competed with or beaten every one of Butch's teams at Miami and UNC except for the '00 Canes.

thanks for playing

Pretty sure almost every single one of Right's Georgia teams could have competed with or beaten every one of Butch's teams at Miami and UNC except for the '00 Canes.

This. Do people expect to find a bunch of ed reeds and Sean Taylors all over again? It doesn't happen like that. Yes Butch recruited the best team ever, but how can he be expected to replicate that.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back