Posting here because their is no forum for this great news....

fraggle

Senile Senior
Women's softball is coming to the U. Hopefully they capture the wealth of talent in South Florida. I played it in the Army and coached it in Fort Lauderdale, love the intensity the girls bring to the sport. Hope they incorporate it before this old man...well, you get the gist!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Women's softball is coming to the U. Hopefully they capture the wealth of talent in South Florida. I played it in the Army and coached it in Fort Lauderdale, love the intensity the girls bring to the sport. Hope they incorporate it before this old man...well, you get the gist!
Season 2 Support GIF by Friends

Advertisement
One for @fraggle

:u5pyxda:

And another for women’s softball

:u5pyxda:

Advertisement
1698236994489.png

Advertisement
Yeah!! Moar title IX.

Moar destruction of young men. Hooray!!
First, title IX states that for every men's sport there needs to be a women's sport. So if UM is adding a women's softball team, that means their either dropping a different women's sport or adding a new men's sport. Possibly a men's soccer team. Possibly in anticipation of a move to a new conference?

Secondly, "destruction of young men"? A bit dramatic, no? It's just a college softball team. Anyone fragile enough to be "destroyed" by that probably shouldn't be alive anyway.

First, title IX states that for every men's sport there needs to be a women's sport. So if UM is adding a women's softball team, that means their either dropping a different women's sport or adding a new men's sport. Possibly a men's soccer team. Possibly in anticipation of a move to a new conference?

Secondly, "destruction of young men"? A bit dramatic, no? It's just a college softball team. Anyone fragile enough to be "destroyed" by that probably shouldn't be alive anyway.

Wording on Title IX little confusing to me but right now Miami has 10 Women's and 7-1/2 Men's sport programs

Advertisement
Back