Post Your Week 16 Mail Bag ?s Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canes Legacy

Senior
Premium
The season is almost over with a bowl game against Ok State 7 days from now. The mail bag is open to all questions whether it's bowl game related, recruiting, or whatever your favorite topic is. What do you have for this week?

Advertisement
Question 1: Win DJ Scaife first came to Miami, he played guard and tackle win kneaded. He played pretty well four the moist part. This year he hasn't played well at awl. What's up with him? Dew ewe think he bounces back next year ore will he even be a starter?

Question 2: In the movie Unforgiven, after William Munny rode out of Big Whiskey after killing Little Bill for what he done to Ned, dew ewe think the remaining town folk heeded his warning to bury Ned right and not cut up nor otherwise harm no whores?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Of the teams that really flopped this year like FSU, LSU, and PSU, which ones will carry that streak into next year? Will there be any long term damage for the Big 10 and PAC 12 for their on again, off again, delayed, abbreviated season?

Advertisement
See, I'd word it differently. Is Fraggle awesome or just the porster we need for these troubled times?
I mean ask it that way. I don’t want a frazzled fraggle

71FE049E-EBEB-496A-B9FA-B4D7F16C6D08.gif

@djnellz

Just because my roommate is a complete *****, do you think Santa will also be an ***** and skip our house altogether? Just trying to manage expectations...
P.S. I've been a good boy!

1608672310256.png

Last edited:
If freshman aren’t getting playing time, are Miami coaches being truthful when they say they’ve upgraded their position group/team on signing day? And should Miami just aim on signing fewer HS freshman and adding more Transfers due to the inability to actually develop players?

In the past 5 years not a single true freshman QB has taken snaps in a P5 game (In a troubled season LSU managed to play 3 QB’s—2 are freshman). In fact, it seems like freshman are not playing much at all compared to many of their P5 counterparts. Miami freshman with significant snaps: OL? Donaldson, Scaife, Clark, Nelson. WR? Thomas, Harley. RB? Dallas, Knighton, Chaney. DB? Bandy. DE? Garvin. … Nelson, Clark weren’t top 10 recruits for the class and Dallas switched positions due to emergency.

I read once where Nick Saban said that a recruit should be able to contribute by the sixth game. If we use that six game scenario… Has Miami truly upgraded the team? Because it appears that if a kid does not get snaps his freshman year he likely won’t get very many or be very impactful over his career.

We can look at the improved record, 3rd down improvement and the advanced metrics, but this team really didn’t feel like an improved team — outside of TRANSFERS (King, Williams, Bolden, Phillips, Roche, Borregales, Hedley).

I’m all for giving kids time, but with the exception of Harley, I can’t think of a single player who has significantly improved in the Miami coaching/S&C ecosystem (Hyperbole: Pope, the new favorite whipping boy has improved). Wouldn’t it just make more sense to take the Bill Snyder transfer model to it’s extreme and use signing day as supplemental?

Advertisement
The season is almost over with a bowl game against Ok State 7 days from now. The mail bag is open to all questions whether it's bowl game related, recruiting, or whatever your favorite topic is. What do you have for this week?

Don Brown. When does Miami hire him and for how much?

Who do you think Miami closes with in February? Who should we be after in the portal? Other than Phillips who do you think should declare early? Did Miami deserve to play in a NY6 bowl? Score prediction vs Oklahoma State.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back