post-VT question for Pete...

Martycane

Sophomore
What impact will last night's game have on '14 recruiting?
I know one game is only one game. But we really seemed to take a step backward...

Advertisement
The ones who were already leans won't be affected much, but the slim chances for a guy like Fournette go out the window.

If UVA, Auburn, Michigan, UF, Texas, UGA, ND, Tennessee and others can have terrible seasons in the past and currently and still have very good recruiting classes I have no idea why we can't with local talent

The ones who were already leans won't be affected much, but the slim chances for a guy like Fournette go out the window.

Nah. One game performances almost never have any affect on recruits. You think 4 loss fsu teams of a few years back struggled to land recruits when they were fielding top 5 classes?

Nah. One game performances almost never have any affect on recruits. You think 4 loss fsu teams of a few years back struggled to land recruits when they were fielding top 5 classes?

UF has the most god awful offense I have ever seen and I guarantee they will have a top 15 class at worst

Advertisement
Those games mean nothing.. We still get Moten and will have a top 7 class. Golden can recruit but thats half the battle..

Those games mean nothing.. We still get Moten and will have a top 7 class. Golden can recruit but thats half the battle..

We know we are going to have a good class on paper. What will be telling is who actually makes it in and remains here for more than 1 year. What Pete posted earlier with all of the departures and "non arrivers" was scary.

This. No excuses we aren't FAU going from the ground up

But it's a big part of the battle and while we can blame Digiornio for scheme and Jethro for not developing players, the fact is, we don't have very much talent---yet.

Let's see what these guys can do with some real talent. We need to get Moten, we need to get Dixon. Love to flip one of the RBs, but I don't think it's going to happen. Let's hope none of these guys go to FSU.

Advertisement
Still amazing we are able to recruit decent talent playing most games in a half-empty stadium, busing students up from Coral Gables (most campuses kids can roll out of bed and be at the stadium in 5-10 minutes), without any of the college atmosphere found in the SEC or even top ACC programs - Va Tech, Clemson, FSU, Ga Tech. Al & Co. obviously deserve a ton of credit for their salesmanship.

ZERO. We signed a top 10 class with a 7-5 record. We are 7-2 and, at worst, will probably win 9-10 games.

Advertisement
Back