Post only in this thread if you think Manny is a "lazy" hire but also wanted Butch because he was good here 20 years ago

Advertisement
I can’t tell you it would be Butch.....after 2 Previous Coordinator to HC disasters it defies logic to do it again. I sense another Al Golden era where smooth talk does not match on field performance. I pray to god I’m wrong.

Advertisement
I don't think it was lazy, I think it was scared. A lot of recruits had jumped ship, more would jump ship now and this close to signing day, it would be difficult to conduct a search and make a decision in time for the coach to get his staff in place. Manny in place gives a sense of continuity that can salvage recruiting. I would have preferred a guy with head coaching experience but he's the guy and lets see what happens next year.

I don't think it was lazy, I think it was scared. A lot of recruits had jumped ship, more would jump ship now and this close to signing day, it would be difficult to conduct a search and make a decision in time for the coach to get his staff in place. Manny in place gives a sense of continuity that can salvage recruiting. I would have preferred a guy with head coaching experience but he's the guy and lets see what happens next year.
What recruits are you talking about?

Diaz is that coach 20 years from now we will be calling a legend. He is that young up and coming coach we have been yearning for. He's charismatic, has swag and fire, and the intellect we want in a HC. Plus he is home grown talent. Saban, Meyers, Sweeny, etc. was once first year coaches as well.

Advertisement
LOL, I was convinced the next coach would fail no matter what so I wanted Butch hired to prove the Emperor had no clothes.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Love Butch but he wasn’t the guy this time around. I’m excited for Manny. He has massive potential. (But he could also bomb)

Advertisement
Back