Post Game Thoughts to FSU

TrueFloridian

Sophomore
This was the most complete game UM has played this season. The defense and offense stepped up when it mattered most. UM just crushed a 4-0 conference foe in prime time for the entire country to take notice. As Ice Cube would say, "today was a good day." We didn't have to use our AK...but we sure as **** busted out the AR!!!

1) Having AR back made the entire passing game click.
It wasn't perfect by any means. Yet, having him out there led to other guys like Berrios and Cager making big plays. AR made 2 50/50 ball catches that really set the tone for the entire offense.

2) Pinckney is a complete beast. He made huge tackles when it mattered most.

3) Delaney for taking all the heat, well deserved, came back with a strong showing. He was great tonight in coverage and run support.

4) Michael Jackson missed some big tackles that went for 1st downs. He's okay in coverage, but in space he's a liability tackling. I don't see him getting much PT next week. And this guys is why...

5) DEAN looked like a complete shutdown CB tonight. WOW. This kid has the goods in coverage and put the committee to rest about his willingness to tackle. His sample size was small, but he was the best player in the secondary when he played.

6) #4 Johnson was a huge disappointment tonight. He missed tackles and was okay in coverage. He needs to show more to live up to the hype. I don't see it.

7) Redwine was by far the biggest letdown. See Delaney last week. Redwine got beat multiple times in the slot on consecutive plays. That maybe on Diaz for playing him off but either way it was bad.

8) I called Walton getting hurt the play before it happened. He had no business being in the game. CMR lost his cool tonight. I have no idea what happened but getting Walton out for FSU is more important than whatever was causing his jock itch.

9) Homer had a big run. Let's hope this gives him the confidence to be the man next week against FSU. A one cut fast back just might be the right mix to be Noles. It's just frustrating to keep going to Tally with knicked RBs.

10) Rosier showed he's ready to ball. He's better than Kaaya for this team this year. There's no doubt. If it wasn't for his escapabity and tuck n runs the Duke game would've been closer. UM can win with Rosier. He stands in the pocket and takes the hit. Brad clinched his eyes when that happened. Rosier still stares downfield when he's getting crushed. We have a legit QB who's waiving a hurricane warning flag to rest of the country.

Advertisement
Not going to argue any if that except for the redwine statement. I thought he was solid making tackles and most of his catches he gave up were checkdowns to the hash

Not going to argue any if that except for the redwine statement. I thought he was solid making tackles and most of his catches he gave up were checkdowns to the hash

This was my impression as well. Ball got put a few yards in front of him a couple times, but I felt like he tackled really, really well.

He gave up 4 1st downs covering the slot that I counted. 2 in a row before the half that led to the last Duke FG. Diaz played more press on the slot in the second half so maybe some of it was scheme. However, the 2 in a row were not blitz plays. He could've stepped up.

Advertisement

He gave up 4 1st downs covering the slot that I counted. 2 in a row before the half that led to the last Duke FG. Diaz played more press on the slot in the second half so maybe some of it was scheme. However, the 2 in a row were not blitz plays. He could've stepped up.

HE WAS PLAYING ABOUT 7 YDS off. He did his job and made the tackle...something that was suppose to be the concern for him, he has actually been pretty good at/.

HE WAS PLAYING ABOUT 7 YDS off. He did his job and made the tackle...something that was suppose to be the concern for him, he has actually been pretty good at/.

1st off that's one of 10 observations. Why would you line up 7 yards off when an offense in hurry up just beat you on the same play with the same look? Poor instincts if nothing else. I'd rather spend time talking about players that excelled like Dean, Delaney, AR, Homer, Rosier, Pinckney, Jackson, Walton, Big Don, etc.

Last edited:
Everybody needs to do better this week. Walton didn't need to be in this game if he's not 100 especially with FSU coming next Sat. Malik puts us on a different level especially with his feet. Our Defense looks good got some clean up to do but FSU will lose to us this year.

Malek played exceptional, he covered their best receiver all night and basically shut him down.

Last edited:
Advertisement
The most complete game SO FAR, but this team is schizophrenic. They can look great or horrible from minute to minute. You never know if what you are going to get. And the play calling goes from Jimmy Johnson to Al Golden depending on the series of quarter. At times they were really impressive, then they make you want to throw your shoe at the TV. It's a little bizarre really. They are far from a complete game, but hopefully at the right time they find it.

I'm good with everything you said except Redwine. I thought he played a solid game for what they asked him to do. I'm ****ed over the OL not stepping up thier chit and dominating. There were no running lanes at all forcing Walton to run sideline to sideline looking for a gap... lastly, I would like to see an occasional 2 back set or simply throw the TE back there. They were beating us at the point of attack and an extra body might have opened an additional whole or provide another option out of the backfield besides Walton. Walton is going to be burnt out by mid-season is they play him every snap...

OL is by far the weakest area. Have to play much better if they want to finish 11-0 and play Clempson in the ACCCG...

Great game but there's always room for improvement.

1. Too many fruitless possessions on Offense.
2. OL gotta improve.
3. Tackling was noticeably better, but we're still missing too many for my liking.

And on another note, did Darrion Owens get a knee transplant? Dude was looking swift last night (early on at least).

Advertisement
nah, redwine made great open field tackles, if he misses any of those tackles those plays go for big gains . . .

Two random things.. Did U guys see Richt get mad after that 3rd down play? Despite his calm demeanor, I bet he is a MONSTER when he's ****ed.
And has anyone else noticed how quickly Jeff Thomas goes down on returns? No way I'd give up on him. I still think he's a TD waiting to happen. Just a little surprised he goes down so easily.

Redwine was beyond solid. He actually made really good plays. He got caught twice on slants on the slot and that was it.

Advertisement
Great game but there's always room for improvement.

1. Too many fruitless possessions on Offense.
2. OL gotta improve.
3. Tackling was noticeably better, but we're still missing too many for my liking.

And on another note, did Darrion Owens get a knee transplant? Dude was looking swift last night (early on at least).

Yep. Owens deserves some love. Looked great physically, but he was also on his assignments, and made great reads. In garbage time the two frosh LBs (Wilder and Jennings) looked good as well. **** is LB deep now.

Two random things.. Did U guys see Richt get mad after that 3rd down play? Despite his calm demeanor, I bet he is a MONSTER when he's ****ed.
And has anyone else noticed how quickly Jeff Thomas goes down on returns? No way I'd give up on him. I still think he's a TD waiting to happen. Just a little surprised he goes down so easily.

Dallas looked better on his one return than Thomas has all season.

I guess Thomas is just finding his feet as he's been very hesitant so far.

I thought Berrios played an exceptional game. Two huge catches and a his special teams work was flawless. The one play he ran full speed to catch and field the line drive punt was a gem. He saved potentially 25 yards of field position alone on that one play. Not an easy play to make.

Our secondary as a whole played a lot better. We are however missing that one stud safety who controls the backline and makes receivers pay when they come over the middle. A physical guy who sets the tone. I don't think JJ or Redwine is that guy.

1st off that's one of 10 observations. Why would you line up 7 yards off when an offense in hurry up just beat you on the same play with the same look? Poor instincts if nothing else. I'd rather spend time talking about players that excelled like Dean, Delaney, AR, Homer, Rosier, Pinckney, Jackson, Walton, Big Don, etc.

Its a part of the scheme Diaz has, he has to do what is asked of him. Its obvious you were wrong about that observation..got exposed ...now your rustled. Carry on.

Advertisement
Back