Post Game Observations

supacane

Senior
Went to the game with my girl, she just moved from Minnesota her first game. Just got back from the club to the hotel in Lauderdale

Biggest problem we are having on D. Mass substitutions. I said it in the game thread. I dont remember how exactly all the plays went, App St either didn't pick up any first down or picked up 1 on their first 2 drives. Defense looked decent. 3rd drive both LBs are subbed out. App St marches down the field. Your best players on either side should not be sitting on the sideline unless they NEED to. Some teams have players who never leave the game, thats why they have WR with lots of catches and LBs with 100 tackles etc. Diaz is running a charity, everybody get their little chance. Players like Cam Harris, Jennings etc should spell the starters, 1 play u out, 2 plays u out. Not playing major minutes equal with people far more talented. Put your talented people on the field, make them play through their mistakes and learn like that.

Next thing King is a problem, i said it v Bama. He doesn't sell fakes. He does a poor job of the read option. The defenders follow whomever keeps the ball. Go back and watch Perry v Ok St and watch how he sells every thing.

Lashlee is also a problem. There is nothing innovative about his play designs. Running up to the line has gotten us nada in 2 years. I prefer James Coley offense with the single back and stretch runs. Feast or famine should not be happening.

Yall will keep saying we don't have players. We do, but they share equal snaps with players with less talent.

Then we have coaches with no ability to help them solve problems during the game. Fundamentals has nothing to do with your talent or your opponent. The bad Fundamentals carrying from Bama game to this week is how you end up in a dogfight at home. Diaz is in Al Golden 5th year in year 3. Garbage truck juice. He is done for me. I don't need to see the rest of the games. We know loser coaches. Its over. They may make it play out till next year being cheap, either way he is getting fired.

Advertisement
73744F09-B92A-498C-BB5B-BAC5DC403399.jpeg

Post game observation

Went to the game with my girl, she just moved from Minnesota her first game. Just got back from the club to the hotel in Lauderdale

Biggest problem we are having on D. Mass substitutions. I said it in the game thread. I dont remember how exactly all the plays went, App St either didn't pick up any first down or picked up 1 on their first 2 drives. Defense looked decent. 3rd drive both LBs are subbed out. App St marches down the field. Your best players on either side should not be sitting on the sideline unless they NEED to. Some teams have players who never leave the game, thats why they have WR with lots of catches and LBs with 100 tackles etc. Diaz is running a charity, everybody get their little chance. Players like Cam Harris, Jennings etc should spell the starters, 1 play u out, 2 plays u out. Not playing major minutes equal with people far more talented. Put your talented people on the field, make them play through their mistakes and learn like that.

Next thing King is a problem, i said it v Bama. He doesn't sell fakes. He does a poor job of the read option. The defenders follow whomever keeps the ball. Go back and watch Perry v Ok St and watch how he sells every thing.

Lashlee is also a problem. There is nothing innovative about his play designs. Running up to the line has gotten us nada in 2 years. I prefer James Coley offense with the single back and stretch runs. Feast or famine should not be happening.

Yall will keep saying we don't have players. We do, but they share equal snaps with players with less talent.

Then we have coaches with no ability to help them solve problems during the game. Fundamentals has nothing to do with your talent or your opponent. The bad Fundamentals carrying from Bama game to this week is how you end up in a dogfight at home. Diaz is in Al Golden 5th year in year 3. Garbage truck juice. He is done for me. I don't need to see the rest of the games. We know loser coaches. Its over. They may make it play out till next year being cheap, either way he is getting fired.
Manny has never played a down of football.
And thinks he’s smartest guy in room..
it’s a recipe for disaster.
That’s why he loves his sub packages, his seniors and one dimensional schems. Manny is a huckster, less qualified and skilled than Al Folden, yet is still here after 6 years.

Manny has never played a down of football.
And thinks he’s smartest guy in room..
it’s a recipe for disaster.
That’s why he loves his sub packages, his seniors and one dimensional schems. Manny is a huckster, less qualified and skilled than Al Folden, yet is still here after 6 years.
Golden was a used car salesman, and Manny is a straight up politician.

Advertisement
I also noticed the substitution issue on defense.

At one point, Nesta made a nice move and made a tackle for a loss. Immediately got up and ran off the field. Took a seat. Wasn’t injured. Didn’t look exhausted. Why sub out? I can understand if a DT was a pure run stuffer, the offense was now on 3rd-and-long, and the DC wanted another pass rusher. I can see guys taking a breather if they’ve been on the field a lot and the offense has been shyting the time-of-possession.

Didn’t appear to be the case in this case.

Manny believes in his substitutions from his FSU days. He was a grad assistant for Chuck Amato in the late 90's. Amato's 2nd string could start at just about any other school. That's not the case for Diaz as there is a significant drop off from starters to 2nd team at a lot of positions.

I also agree with others in that Diaz has this propensity to keep everyone happy by giving them playing time. This is another failure. You got 5 stars at Bama that don't see the field until their junior year. That's the deal. They signed up for it. Play the guys that can help you win. Tell everyone else to get better if they want playing time. If they don't perform, they sit. Period!!!

Advertisement
Back