Post Clobbering Thoughts

clarkyboy_21

#patriayvida
One thing for sure is we still have a LOT of work to do, players and coaches alike, if we want to have any chance of getting anywhere near Clemson’s level in the next few years.

I can’t necessarily say we didn’t play without heart when the game mattered, I think the effort on 3 blocked FGs, King soldiering on despite getting **** on all night, and our defense trying their damnedest to make stops even with a noticeable lack of talent at LB (thanks a lot Manny) speaks to that.

But we gotta play smarter, ESPECIALLY when you come off a bye and you know you are playing the best team in the country. The amount of penalties (even with the nitpicking) we had is evidence of us still lacking a massive amount of discipline and player/coaching smarts and it was disappointing to see.

Which brings me to the biggest disappointment: the offense. Clemson ate our shįt UP on the line and we never got our run game going. Combo of receivers not getting separation and King underthrowing and putting the wrong touch on balls (Mallory pass that was intercepted where he should’ve lobbed it over instead of beaming it in). Not having that dominant receiver will continue to plague us as well (PLS play Redding and Keyshawn more). Never seemed like Lashlee did himself or the players any favors all night, played right into Venables hands and he said “thanks for the food!”

Overall, this game was never really competitive, which was the bare minimum of what I personally wanted, and it sucks. At the same time, I think we needed a slice of humble pie after our recent performances, which I think should be especially good for our offense if King and Lashlee are half the men we think they are. We are nowhere near “the shįt” just yet. Learn from the mistakes, make the adjustments, bench who you need to bench, maintain player AND coaching accountability, RECRUIT RECRUIT RECRUIT and focus on dominating each week as they come.

At least the Gayturds and Noles lost 🤷🏻‍♂️

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back