Possible parallel

joglen15

Sophomore
2006: 8-5
2007: 9-4
2008: 7-6
2009: Enter Dabo Swinney

No previous coordinator experience. Most likely the exception to the norm. But one can hope we got our version of Dabo.

Advertisement
Everyone likes to compare and forget a lot of these great coaches have always been able to recruit. You don't just move to HC and now all of a sudden you can recruit you either have or you don't and he has shown he doesn't

A positive spin.
I preferred an experienced HC so we'll see.

I hope he doesn't take as long as Dabs to get things rolling.

!!!!GO!!!!
!CANES!

How about the last 2 coordinators we hired to be HC's. Not a fan of this move...…..I repeat...….IMHO a bad hire.

Advertisement
Interesting take. But Dabo was just a position coach wasn't he?

Correct. The point is, no one knows. Everyone just wants to btch. You have some guys that make the transition. Some guys that don't. Everyone wants to throw out Shannon and Coker, but there are examples like Chip Kelly and Dabo not having to "cut their teeth" at other head coaching gigs and still coming out good.

Remember when we hired FSU's ace recruiter in James Coley? Or when Ice Harris was supposed to corner the south Florida talent? Didn't exactly work out for us. I saw Neal Brown, Matt Campbell, Mike Leach, and Dino Babers names thrown around here (I advocated them too), but everyone acts like they'd be ace recruiters in this region.

Advertisement
Dabo went 6-7 in his second full year. If Manny does that he'll be run off quickly. Believe that.

2006: 8-5
2007: 9-4
2008: 7-6
2009: Enter Dabo Swinney

No previous coordinator experience. Most likely the exception to the norm. But one can hope we got our version of Dabo.

Best parallel is Gary Patterson. Spent 18 years as defensive assistant before becoming HC in 2000.

Advertisement
Back