Possible NIL Recruiting Strategy

johnnytsunami01

Sophomore
So 247 put out a video talking about the NIL and how it would effect college football. The thing that stood out was that he stated that companies would start a "legitimate recruiting fund" for the universities.

Companies will give the university lets say $300,000/year and then the coaches will go to the recruits and say that if they sign with their school they will get X amount of money for promoting the company. It won't be just one company putting their money in their fund, but multiple and athletes could make some serious dough out of this.

I always thought companies would wait till the star players separate themselves, but this could be a great way for smaller companies to lock in some promotion and could help everyone get paid.

Advertisement
So 247 put out a video talking about the NIL and how it would effect college football. The thing that stood out was that he stated that companies would start a "legitimate recruiting fund" for the universities.

Companies will give the university lets say $300,000/year and then the coaches will go to the recruits and say that if they sign with their school they will get X amount of money for promoting the company. It won't be just one company putting their money in their fund, but multiple and athletes could make some serious dough out of this.

There should be a clause that states they have to stay for 4 years.

Interesting.

wonder how much this helps big city schools like USCw, us(obviously) TCU, UT Austin, etc...

I get it that bag men with car dealerships will be putting into the slush funds but if this plays out think of all the businesses like gyms, clubs, vitamin shops etc that would love Miami players showing face next to them.

Not to mention I’m sure local kids would love to see their face on billboards so everyone from the neighborhood sees them

Interesting.

wonder how much this helps big city schools like USCw, us(obviously) TCU, UT Austin, etc...

I get it that bag men with car dealerships will be putting into the slush funds but if this plays out think of all the businesses like gyms, clubs, vitamin shops etc that would love Miami players showing face next to them.

Not to mention I’m sure local kids would love to see their face on billboards so everyone from the neighborhood sees them
There was an article about that not too long ago, and I believe it specifically mentioned LA, Dallas, Houston & Miami

Advertisement
So essentially what the SEC does now, just with legal marketing funds.

If this is true, we back.

There should be a clause that states they have to stay for 4 years.
Why? Schollies are only year to year! They getting paid for their likeness with a company not with the university technically. Plus they currently only have to stay 3 before being eligible to leave. More importantly, why sign a 4 year likeness contract when I might can do better down the road? Say I sign for 80K doing Morse Auto ads and a year later I could get 120K and now I'm stuck with 80K. Lastly why should I visit schools, hire an agent to negotiate with schools for me. Because so much money involved this is going to become a financial cluster *****.

Why? Schollies are only year to year! They getting paid for their likeness with a company not with the university technically. Plus they currently only have to stay 3 before being eligible to leave. More importantly, why sign a 4 year likeness contract when you as might can do better down the road? Say I sign for 80K doing Morse Auto ads and a year later I could get 120K and not I'm stuck with 80K. Lastly why should I visit schools, hire an agent to negotiate with schools for me. Because so much money involved this is going to become a financial cluster *****.
I'm just tired of the NFL taking kids early.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back