Possible New Transfer Rule

Advertisement
I’m a fan of the 1 time penalty free transfer. Why do kids get penalized all the time but coaches and schools can do what they want with them
I’m a fan of the no-penalty ever rule (that doesn’t exist, btw).

as long as a kid has eligibility and is in good standing academically he should be able to transfer. And schools should get back their scholarships to accommodate the movement.

Advertisement
my takes....

Recruits...

Hurts them as coaches would be less inclined to take developmental/project kids.. why? Because the IC rules they could get a plug and play kid to help them now. All coaches know they only have 2 or 3 years to get the ship right.

Coaches

hurts them as you can start to build your team with quality depth then be devasted by transfers at critical positions just because kids are not inclined to wait not even one season.

Those are the two parties I see hurt the most...

I think the best thing is all kids have a ONE TIME transfer that allows them not to count as an IC... and put a cap on all transfers to maybe 5? To accommodate moves to help schools get talent for competitiveness

I’m a fan of the 1 time penalty free transfer. Why do kids get penalized all the time but coaches and schools can do what they want with them

From an entertainment stand point constant transfers would hurt the sport. Bag schools would poach like free agency. Part of what made college football exciting was talent spread across the country. You would have elite players on mediocre teams but they’d carry them. All the talents on 5 teams now so that pretty much over but this will make it way worse.

From an entertainment stand point constant transfers would hurt the sport. Bag schools would poach like free agency. Part of what made college football exciting was talent spread across the country. You would have elite players on mediocre teams but they’d carry them. All the talents on 5 teams now so that pretty much over but this will make it way worse.
U realize talent is not spread rn due to bag schools “poaching “ all of it lol

Advertisement
You realize “made” is a past tense?
Tbh I missed that word haha. But I believe that if there’s a 1 time penalty free transfer the Bamba of the world will get hurt by transfers more bc they talent stack now if kids can just go they will lose more depth and kids will spread out more. As it is now we have a handful of teams that are stacked maybe kids will leave if they find out coaches lied to them or for other reasons

Free agency isn't a one-way street. There are programs who will benefit from "poaching" very good players away from elite rosters, where they simply are buried on a depth chart.

Within a single season, parity is a myth 99% of the time. How many years in college football did more than 5 teams have a legit shot at the national title late in a season? I can think of 1990 and 1993, and I'm struggling beyond that. Those years are major outliers in CFB.

"Parity" is also overrated. Does my team have the same built-in advantages as Alabaga? Of course not. But I'd rather a freer system for all involved than trying to legislate amorphous concepts like "fairness" in player acquisition. There is no level playing field and it should just be accepted.

From the standpoint of the player, why shouldn't there be free agency? You have a limited timeframe to make the most of football. You should have the maximum freedom to pursue success (or failure).

Tbh I missed that word haha. But I believe that if there’s a 1 time penalty free transfer the Bamba of the world will get hurt by transfers more bc they talent stack now if kids can just go they will lose more depth and kids will spread out more. As it is now we have a handful of teams that are stacked maybe kids will leave if they find out coaches lied to them or for other reasons

I think Bama benefits more being able to take any breakout player they want vs losing their 3rd string players that aren't getting on the field. This will become a mess imo.

Advertisement
I think Bama benefits more being able to take any breakout player they want vs losing their 3rd string players that aren't getting on the field. This will become a mess imo.
I see ur point but I just don’t see it happening that way due to the fact the constantly being in high rated recruits. A breakout kid doesn’t need to go to bama to get to the nfl. I don’t see them transferring bc if that were true why did randel Moore transfer this year to Ohio state or Clemson Georgia or bama when the ncaa is just letting everyone go where they want. I personally see this helping teams that struggle to get kids from the bag schools. It’ll hurt in one way of kids going to try a place and not liking it then coming back to Miami tho I can defiantly see that

I see ur point but I just don’t see it happening that way due to the fact the constantly being in high rated recruits. A breakout kid doesn’t need to go to bama to get to the nfl. I don’t see them transferring bc if that were true why did randel Moore transfer this year to Ohio state or Clemson Georgia or bama when the ncaa is just letting everyone go where they want. I personally see this helping teams that struggle to get kids from the bag schools. It’ll hurt in one way of kids going to try a place and not liking it then coming back to Miami tho I can defiantly see that

I really hope so mydude

Advertisement
Free agency isn't a one-way street. There are programs who will benefit from "poaching" very good players away from elite rosters, where they simply are buried on a depth chart.

Within a single season, parity is a myth 99% of the time. How many years in college football did more than 5 teams have a legit shot at the national title late in a season? I can think of 1990 and 1993, and I'm struggling beyond that. Those years are major outliers in CFB.

"Parity" is also overrated. Does my team have the same built-in advantages as Alabaga? Of course not. But I'd rather a freer system for all involved than trying to legislate amorphous concepts like "fairness" in player acquisition. There is no level playing field and it should just be accepted.

From the standpoint of the player, why shouldn't there be free agency? You have a limited timeframe to make the most of football. You should have the maximum freedom to pursue success (or failure).

All sports leagues implement rules to promote fairness in player acquisition. The biggest problem is the ncaa is corrupt and enfor

I want maximum freedom for the players to the point it doesn’t destroy the game.

Bama, Clemson, and Ohio State shouldn’t be able to cherry pick All American players to fill out their rosters with no penalty.

The system should be based on snaps. If you are playing, shut up and play or deal with the transfer rules as they are.

Everybody tracks snaps now. Free transfers should be available beneath a certain threshold for snap count.

All sports leagues implement rules to promote fairness in player acquisition. The biggest problem is the ncaa is corrupt and enfor

I want maximum freedom for the players to the point it doesn’t destroy the game.

Bama, Clemson, and Ohio State shouldn’t be able to cherry pick All American players to fill out their rosters with no penalty.

The system should be based on snaps. If you are playing, shut up and play or deal with the transfer rules as they are.

Everybody tracks snaps now. Free transfers should be available beneath a certain threshold for snap count.
We'll have to agree to disagree. I think restrictions on player transfers are totally bogus.

Let me be totally clear: I think in any work environment, an employer should be able to fire and an employee should be able to move on for any reason, at any time.

In order to change that arrangement, a contract should be drafted. If schools don't want players leaving, contract for a period of years with terms and conditions. Treat it as what it really is: employment.

Advertisement
Back