Possible Lawson replacement?

accomadus

Junior
24/7 says Miami could be looking at QB James Morgan.

From Green Bay Wisconsin. 2015 kid

Committed to ...wait for it..... Bowling Green. Offers from Ball State, Central Mich, Eastern Mich, and North Dakota State.

Watched his senior highlights. Kid has great touch on the deep ball, and can really deliver the ball, quickly, at different angles. What I also like about him, is that he can actually RUN! No, he doesn't have the cannon of an arm, but he's scholarship worthy, for sure.

Morgan.jpg

Morgan has all the makings of becoming the state's first BCS scholarship quarterback in quite some time, with good size, arm, accuracy, athletic ability. He shows very good poise in the pocket, awareness of what is going on downfield, and touch on his passes. He is garnering interest from top-level programs from across the country and is ranked in the top 250 in the class of 2015 by most recruiting services. Morgan threw for 2540 yards and 26 touchdowns last year as the FRCC Offensive Player of the Year, earning WFCA Honorable Mention All-State recognition as well.

Advertisement
Peter Ariz tweeted that the U may end up in their 2015 recruiting class with no QB.

I trust Coley on the evaluation. Guy is a tremendous evaluator of QBs. One of the best in the biz.

Advertisement
Peter Ariz tweeted that the U may end up in their 2015 recruiting class with no QB.

It doesn't matter where they have offers from, if they can play they can play. Besides he's probably better than Gray Crow and it's just to be a third string QB until Allison comes in and with be a development. His ratings are solid anyway, the composite rating is one spot higher than Lawson was rated.

Bowling green and FIU

**** our lives

Before you look at who he has offers from watch his film. FSU's backup had 1 other offer, from Buffalo, yet they got him and beat Clemson with him this year. It's either this guy or have 3 QBs on the roster. His composite rating is better than Lawson's anyway.

My rival high school. Have actually kept an eye on him, he can play a little. And if NDSU likes him he is a solid player...they don't **** around.

Advertisement
I will add that he comes from a program tfat is well coached and wins year in and year out. Aaron Stecker (might remember him from the Bucs) played there.

Watching his hudl tape is actually weird...its all the teams I used to play. Green Bay Preble, Bayport, Depere (my team)...just weird.

My rival high school. Have actually kept an eye on him, he can play a little. And if NDSU likes him he is a solid player...they don't **** around.

Ya man their QB right now could play for about anyone. He's huge, cannon for an arm, and runs well.

Advertisement

Ya man their QB right now could play for about anyone. He's huge, cannon for an arm, and runs well.

NDSU is a top 50 program in college football, period.

Also, not for nothing, but the coach at Bowling Green is from the Art Briles tree... He knows what a college QB looks like.

Advertisement
James Morgan was 3rd Team/Honorable All State QB in the Fing state of Wisconsin, well that says alot when there are 2 better QB's in state known for its high scoring passing attacks LMAO. But to his credit Morgan seems like a cerebral young man, that is also quick on his feet because he didn't get baited into the reporters leading questions regarding Morgan's interest in Power 5 school offers an how they would be better than the committable offers he had from non power 5 schools.

The major issue I could for see is, that there would be SERIOUS compatibility issues with him an the south Florida kids. He doesn't strike me as the Alpha Male type, that can take charge of an offense. But then again neither did Steve Walsh when he came to Miami under similar circumstances from Minnesota.

Wisconsin All State Performers
http://www.postcrescent.com/story/news/local/neenah-menasha/2014/12/17/behm-erdmann-lands-spots-state-first-team/20476313/

Well if UM does offer him, we will have to trust in Coley's eye for recruiting talent on this one.

Go Canes

Last edited:
MAC has put some pretty solid qb's into the NFL over the last 10-12 years. Also, I think Coley identifying qb's thus far so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

We're thin at QB and when Golden is replaced I want the next HC to have as much talent as possible at his disposal. I'm not gonna complain about us pursuing a four-star on 247.

Chryst may now try to keep him at home, but he didn't even offer him when he was at Pitt. Did he see something we armchair talent evaluators didn't?

Advertisement
Back